New update on Razer 2 this morning. [Update 6/26/20]

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! That's good to hear! I just looked this phone up again - it looks pretty sick. How are you liking it?
The more I use it, the more it's frustrating me with all the quirks. Nothing that makes the phone unusable, but stuff like slow/inaccurate fingerprint sensor, the My Verizon app will not register biometrics properly, and Bluetooth calling issues. A big glaring issue is it seems poorly optimized. It has the biggest OEM battery of any phone I've used, but I'm plugging it in a lot more often than any prior phone. I keep tabs on it with AccuBattery, and it's estimating the correct capacity.

Besides, I'm not sure if it's even on the market anymore. The last I checked, it wasn't available on their website.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
That's the only con I can think of. It does have to be charged at least once during the day as I mainly use it for YouTube channels I subscribe to. This is not my daily driver and rarely leaves the house so charging is not an issue for me.

I'm on AT&T so I can't comment on the My Verizon app. I did port the Google Camera and the pictures rival my Pixel 4XL (using Gcam).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did port the Google Camera and the pictures rival my Pixel 4XL (using Gcam).

I have it ported as well, but not too impressed with it. I like it for the better HDR functions, but I lose the ability to use the telephoto lens. Neither it, nor the stock app allow for manual controls, so I switched to another app and found it to be hardware/firmware limited to a max shutter length of 1/3". So that really does me no good either.

I'm about to upgrade to the LG V60. From all the reviews I'm seeing, its camera in auto mode is rivaling the Pixel 4's and Samsung S20's, plus you get their phenomenal manual controls in the stock app.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have it ported as well, but not too impressed with it. I like it for the better HDR functions, but I lose the ability to use the telephoto lens. Neither it, nor the stock app allow for manual controls, so I switched to another app and found it to be hardware/firmware limited to a max shutter length of 1/3". So that really does me no good either.

I'm about to upgrade to the LG V60. From all the reviews I'm seeing, its camera in auto mode is rivaling the Pixel 4's and Samsung S20's, plus you get their phenomenal manual controls in the stock app.
Let me know how you like the V60. I have the V40 and mainly use it for music. I think you'll be pretty satisfied from what I've seen and heard.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how you like the V60. I have the V40 and mainly use it for music. I think you'll be pretty satisfied from what I've seen and heard.
I had the V20 before this and loved it. I hate some of the design changes (why I didn't get a new phone until I basically had to), but I think the V60 finally made a big enough leap in other areas to make it worthwhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36