Does it matter if it's a Verizon HDMI cable meant for the Razr? Or can it be any one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    12-08-2011 10:04 AM
    It can be any one ...
    Even the cheap ones from eBay,
    Since HDMI is a digital cable, data is sent in 1 and 0, which is transfered has high voltage and no voltage... so no matter what disturbance it will read 1 and 0...
    Hence those high priced cables are scam and not worth the money... HDMI doesn't face the issue of image disturbance or distortion... if a cable is bad you'll notice green pixels which is called as corruption in data ...

So buy. The cheap ones from eBay ....
    bryann22 likes this.
    12-08-2011 01:04 PM
    Ok just saying cus I have one that came with my Kodak play sport and it makes my phone act all weird.

12-09-2011 11:14 PM
    Ok just saying cus I have one that came with my Kodak play sport and it makes my phone act all weird.

There is an issue with HDMI, I cannot check using a retail (verizon's) HDMI cable until I get home for break in 10 days. Right now I have an after market cable and get an unresponsive screen which goes into a power cycle every time I use it.

See the discussion thread here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...ml#post1467582
    12-11-2011 06:44 PM
    I am using a cable I bought from Monoprice. I have tried 2 different lengths both 6 foot and 10 with no issues.
    12-20-2011 01:10 PM
    Any decent HDMI cord I saw at the store was around $25 anyways, so I just decided to get the Motorola one through Verizon.
    12-26-2011 04:34 PM
    Ebay 2.97 free shipping...works perfect!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    09-10-2012 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD