Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
For those of you who have purchased either of the lapdocks, how often do you use it? The reason I ask is I picked up the lapdock 100 for my wife for Christmas and she hardly uses it. I've used it some and I will admit the 10" screen is a little bit of a pain, but overall I personally feel that the overall experience is better than a tablet. I travel quite a bit for work and my company laptop is somewhat restricted for security reasons so I've been thinking about getting the Razr Maxx in April when we have another upgrade so I can have the ability to have a "laptop" when I travel.

Thoughts/opinions?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the LapDock 500 and used it that first day. Then after carrying it around in my briefcase for two weeks and not using it ONCE, I returned it.

If I ever run in to a situation where I would want one I'll buy it again, but I don't know what that situation will be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a difference in the lapdock 500 from Motorola and the lapdock 500 for the DROID RAZR? Are they both the same? Cus when the Razr was announced, I remember a whole lot of Accessories were to come out for it. And the lapdock 500 didn't come out until later on, while other universal lapdocks came out that were compatible with the Razr, Maxx, and DROID 4. The one where a cable comes out and lets u have ur phone to the side.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a difference in the lapdock 500 from Motorola and the lapdock 500 for the DROID RAZR? Are they both the same? Cus when the Razr was announced, I remember a whole lot of Accessories were to come out for it. And the lapdock 500 didn't come out until later on, while other universal lapdocks came out that were compatible with the Razr, Maxx, and DROID 4. The one where a cable comes out and lets u have ur phone to the side.

They're one and the same.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Lapdock 500 was announced and before the RAZR which was the first handset to fully support it. The last phone to have it's own lapdock (at least on Verizon) was the Bionic. Going forward all webtop phones will support Lapdock 100 and 500.

couponporter

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Lapdock 500 can be had at VZW onilne today for $150!!! You may need to log out or clear cookies to see it and the $150 doesn't show until you are ready to check out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol