Readers choice awards: AT&T's best Android phone

What is the best Android phone on AT&T?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenZ33

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree that ATT has a crappy selection of Android, probably due to pressure from Apple.

The better question is what is the best ROM for your phone after you unlock it.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Needed a tenth spot :)

Had to choose between the NS, the N1, and the GSII (all work on AT&T, but not offered by AT&T)

Went with what more people have used.

besides, everyone knows that the Nexus S is the best Android phone on any carrier :p

So, you went with a phone that AT&T never officially released than with a phone they are actually selling right now or HAVE CONFIRMED to be released? That defies logic. In the Verizon thread, you included the Bionic, even though it has yet to be released because we have OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION of its release. That made sense because neither the GS2 or the Vigor have yet to receive official Confirmation. Here, the Nexus S has been confirmed by AT&T, so it should have that 10th spot rather than a phone that was never intended for AT&T.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to vote for the Infuse, but I had to go with the LG Thrill. The phone is super fast with dual channel memory combined with dual core processors, and is 3D capable. I will not vote for any single core phone in a dual core world. Sorry Infuse, I really liked you though :)

J. I. Mitchell

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I can levy a better opinion once I've owned all the android phones and used them for awhile. And at a 2 year upgrade cycle it's going to take some time. Other wise the question is stupid, what would be more accurate is to ask "What phone you own?" :-\

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You are missing the best phone on the network. Where is the DELL STREAK?

5" of brilliance. You honestly can't believe how good it is until you use it. Sad that Dell killed it by never marketing it, but its on Froyo 2.2 like most other phones in the world and rocking strong. Truly a brilliant experience.

Mramos860

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My Atrix Is Awesome! Now That It Has Netflix I Have No Desire To Ever Go Back To My Old Iphone 4! One Gripe I Do Have Is After The Gingerbread Update My Atrix Pulling Lower Benchmarks Then What It Was On Froyo And The Phone Seems A Tad Bit Laggy At Times.

OhSoCheesy

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've gotta give the nod to the Inspire 4g (ok...3.5G). The only dropped call I've ever had with this phone in over 3 months was when I was talking to someone with an iPhone!! Love it!

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Atrix is dual core and can outperform every other phone here. Period. End of story :)

I am a bit biased.. but I only speak the truth. Plus I love my phone :D

kdm_2809

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've owned the inspire4g, atrix, and now I have an infuse. I am usually more inclined towards performance and productivity so I tend to go with the atrix because of the tegra2. However the infuse's brilliant display, light feel, and cyanogen7 (now ported to it) is the obvious choice for me.

bornjamerican

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes I own a Captivate but the dev community kicks @$$. Plus none of the other phones on AT&T can compare with the SAMOLED screen.

And once the SGS2 becomes available, turn out the lights 'cause the fat lady has sung.

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The nexus s is now on att... though.. I guess the poll started before the Nexus was available...

I voted Nexus One, because that was my predecessor phone on ATT.

Great phone...

jobooth321

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
my phone wasn't there (Dell Streak 5) so I voted for the Atrix. Looking at specs and capability shows it's a VERY competent phone. Wish I had one with all the goodies!

crisg723

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I voted for Atrix because of the raw power it holds. I like Sense better than MOTOBLUR, but without a front camera, and the fact that I use it to talk to my son alot, the HTC Inspire seems dated to me. Plus with the bootloader being able to be unlocked, you can now run the Atrix on whatever ROM you want. Samsung Infuse comes in 2nd to me, LG Thrill gets me car sick within 10 minutes. All the rest are too old for me to consider.

BryanS

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S is the hands down winner. I have an Atrix and like it but I hate motoblur and when the bootloader was locked and I had limited hacking capacity as a result I jumped ship for a NS4G on Sprint and couldn't be happier. The NS on AT&T would be great for me

MiSoFine

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I own an Infuse, but I had to vote for Atrix..Dual Core & laptop dock?! Oh yeah. The only reason I don't own one is the AMLEOD screen...that b*tch is gorgeous.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I own a Nexus One, but it it wasn't technically sold by AT&T (but certainly works with it), and with no Nexus S on the list, then I voted for the Motorola Atrix, which my wife now owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87