Question from a beginner

spinnerfarm

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So, did my training, loaded up with XM from my local area. In scanning I see that there is a resitance portal next town over with only 7 resonators (between L$ and L8). so, i drive over there and drop a resonator (I am still only a level 1 player) and it said drop successful. Drive home expecting to see the new resonator I dropped show up on the intel may for that portal but it does not show up.

What did i do wrong?

Spikeman

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
So, did my training, loaded up with XM from my local area. In scanning I see that there is a resitance portal next town over with only 7 resonators (between L$ and L8). so, i drive over there and drop a resonator (I am still only a level 1 player) and it said drop successful. Drive home expecting to see the new resonator I dropped show up on the intel may for that portal but it does not show up.

What did i do wrong?

Spikeman

Did you just drop it or deploy it? Dropping doesn't give you any points. Deploying does. It will take a lot more points than deploying just 1 resonator to level up. In the upper left of the screen, you will see an Octagon around your level. As you earn points, you will see that start to fill up. Once you fill it up, you will level up and it will be empty again.

spinnerfarm

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have actually realized that since my last post and have been able to deploy resonators successfully. Another question i have now is about the scanner view. As you level up does the scanner view cover a larger area? As a level 1 (and now 2) player i only see a very local map in the scanner view but on some posts of people's scanners i see then displaying large city areas.

Let me know..... And thanks again for the answer, I thought that, perhaps, no one was reading this forum anymore :(

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have actually realized that since my last post and have been able to deploy resonators successfully. Another question i have now is about the scanner view. As you level up does the scanner view cover a larger area? As a level 1 (and now 2) player i only see a very local map in the scanner view but on some posts of people's scanners i see then displaying large city areas.

Let me know..... And thanks again for the answer, I thought that, perhaps, no one was reading this forum anymore :(

You can only get a local view. You can zoom in and out a little, but nothing for a citywide view. I believe they are using different apps to see what you're seeing. You can also go to Ingress and see a much greater view.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae