Unlocked Bootloader (Get it while it's hot!)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I just unlocked my bootloader via HTCDev. Holy crap I'm excited. Just wanted to both alert everyone to this new development, and to brag my ass off.

*middle finger* @ Verizon! :cool:

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
lol look at the S-off thread in this section. Mine is unlocked, and I feel like I'm the first casualty. I can no longer add my google account after the factory reset. Grrrrrr.

I keep getting a "username and password do not match" error, despite the fact that I can use the phones broswer to log in to gmail.com with the exact same credentials.

EDIT: Problem solved. Turned off 2-step verification.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I seriously f'ed up and lost almost all of my videos and pictures during the process. I didn't realize they were saved to the internal SD card. This would be ok, but most of them were of my daughter on Christmas :'(

On a side note, does anyone have a good way to remove bloat from the Rezound? I'm experienced in disabling it, but now I'd like to test my new powers and delete it permanently.

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I seriously f'ed up and lost almost all of my videos and pictures during the process. I didn't realize they were saved to the internal SD card. This would be ok, but most of them were of my daughter on Christmas :'(

On a side note, does anyone have a good way to remove bloat from the Rezound? I'm experienced in disabling it, but now I'd like to test my new powers and delete it permanently.

oh no! How do I know which SD card my pics and videos are saved to?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Use the SD and Data storage menu option to migrate everything to the "external" SD card. Then, when you pull the back cover to do a battery pull remove the SD card. That should make everything safe.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I saw this, but am hesitant because it is a one way street, so if you send it back to Verizon for warranty, then they will know that it is rooted, and HTC doesn't officially support the root, although it does work.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

If you used the CleanTool, you can see what packages you had disabled. So what you can do is use my list(XDA CleanTool Forum) to find out the apk list. What I did was move all the bloat packages to an archive directory so I can test the impact. In a few days I'll delete that archive directory and call it a wrap. You can use ADB if you feel comfortable with command line, astro, or anything that can see below /sdcard.

You will have to mount the system partition as read-write:
in ADB) adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I saw this, but am hesitant because it is a one way street, so if you send it back to Verizon for warranty, then they will know that it is rooted, and HTC doesn't officially support the root, although it does work.

I've returned a ton of phones to verizon rooted/rom'd as long as you do it over the phone, they'll never know the difference. If this is too big of a concern, then don't do it. Hopefully that didn't come off offensively because it wasn't meant to. More or less just a warning ..

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in unlocking my bootloader, but the disclaimers are pretty severe. How safe is this process! And in step 1 do I download the sdk, java, and HTC sync to my pc!?

Sent from my HTC. Rezound using Tapatalk

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am an extreme noob when it comes to Android. I will be getting my Rezound delivered tomorrow.

I understand that you have to root the phone to back it up? And if so, when you back it up you are backing up a rooted version right? As in if you had to go into recovery, would you come out still rooted?

What happens if you root your phone and then do a factory reset, if that is possible?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
@buck: Yes they go to your PC.

Process went smoothly for me. Was much much easier than my first time rooting lol (IIRC I did the 30 step ADB method to root my DX prior to all the 1-click methods)

Pay attention to what you're doing, read and comprehend the directions, and double check before you commit an action and you should be fine.

breugel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I get this error
Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won\'t work

Slouis

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
guess its come to this....unlock or not unlock

Its times like this i really miss my palm pre plus where things such as this were just plain easy and encouraged

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It was a breeze to unlock for me. You need to make sure and do a few things that wernt to clear to me
After you select fastboot on your phone you need to hit power button to run fastboot.
Also the token needs to have the <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>
and <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>
not just the numbers.
And save this on your computer it is phone specific and can be used later also.
Here is a link to all you should need including the one click root tool.
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1415615]Unlock Bootloader from HTCDEV.COM (Updated) - xda-developers"
]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1415615]Unlock Bootloader from HTCDEV.COM (Updated) - xda-developers[/URL]

I have used this also works great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey