CWM Recovery

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
First I'd like to give a shoutout to the Rezound Devs especially Scrosler, you guys stuck with this device even through the release of the GNex and we users really appreciate it. I donated and hope everybody that can donate will remember to do so.

Next a question, do y'all think we will get CWM Recovery soon? How long does it usually take? I have no problem using the current method, but I'd love to use Rom Manager!

So excited that I am perm rooted. This phone shows so much promise!

:D

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
There's already a clockwork port running on XDA. You may want to head over there if you really want it. There's also Amon Ra if you're interested in trying something different.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well now that perm root is achieved we should see a slew of developers, new or returning, and the phone is one of the top end devices so it will most definitely be supported. Much like waiting for perm. root, this is just a matter of patience.

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies, would a Clockwork port work with Rom Manager? I am using AmonRa currently and will flash CWM over it if it works with RM.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Trying to get CW recovery but it doesn't list my phone. I've found a .zip that has an img for the Rezound but Rom manager won't let me use that one because I'm not a premium user (yet). Can I select the Incredible or another phone to flash the recovery?

Picked this one up: [RECOVERY] [RECOVERY] ClockWork Mod Recovery 5.5.0.4 [FASTBOOT]

And I'm using Rom Manager 4.8.1.3 from the market

Not to be rude but did you read this thread? Rom Manager works just fine, however ClockWorkMod cannot be flashed via Rom Manager. You need to flash the unofficial version manually. Since XDA is currently blacked out I couldn't even give you a link. The current build of CWM if buggy anyway, whereas Amon-Ra works perfectly fine. I'm really trying not to get snippy but do a search a lot of this has been covered before.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The current build of CWM if buggy anyway, whereas Amon-Ra works perfectly fine.

I absolutely agree. I initially loaded Amon Ra and it worked perfect. Then I tried CWM from the XDA site and I found it buggy as well. I reloaded Amon Ra, and I am perfectly happy with it.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Not to be rude but did you read this thread? Rom Manager works just fine, however ClockWorkMod cannot be flashed via Rom Manager. You need to flash the unofficial version manually. Since XDA is currently blacked out I couldn't even give you a link. The current build of CWM if buggy anyway, whereas Amon-Ra works perfectly fine. I'm really trying not to get snippy but do a search a lot of this has been covered before.

I've read quite a few threads and as a new android user am trying to assimilate quite a bit. I guess I need to keep trying huh?

My bad.

Thanks

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've read quite a few threads and as a new android user am trying to assimilate quite a bit. I guess I need to keep trying huh?

My bad.

Thanks

I think I had something stuck in my craw yesterday...Probably SOPA. Sorry if I sounded offensive.. If you check my posts, I'm the helper-outer guy around here and usually don't come off like that..

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I had something stuck in my craw yesterday...Probably SOPA. Sorry if I sounded offensive.. If you check my posts, I'm the helper-outer guy around here and usually don't come off like that..

I know. I was a bit surprised by it, but no prob. It's all good.

Thanks

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna vouch for you on this one. We've gotten an influx of new forum members on here that disregard the search option and ask a question that was just asked 2 threads underneath their new one. I understand it gets frustrating, at least it does for me.
Not that I'm saying rootbrain or any other user is unwelcome to ask, or that he was guilty of something in the first place, I'm just vouching for a helper-outer guy when a helper-outer guy might need some vouching.
Just sayin'.

Side note/edit: What's up with official CWM? Koush just kinda seemed to drop any work on the Rezound. Everyone seemed so positive that it was coming out very soon.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna vouch for you on this one. We've gotten an influx of new forum members on here that disregard the search option and ask a question that was just asked 2 threads underneath their new one. I understand it gets frustrating, at least it does for me.
Not that I'm saying rootbrain or any other user is unwelcome to ask, or that he was guilty of something in the first place, I'm just vouching for a helper-outer guy when a helper-outer guy might need some vouching.
Just sayin'.

Side note/edit: What's up with official CWM? Koush just kinda seemed to drop any work on the Rezound. Everyone seemed so positive that it was coming out very soon.

Probably got his hands full with CM9 and no Rezound to play with(unless someone finally got him one). Google or one of the Android sites should drop all these testers that they get on team CM.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just sayin'.

Don't want to be a naysayer or start anything, but search seems to not return anything, or very little most of the time. I do search. Perhaps when I come a little more up to speed, I'll search on more relevant key words.

And I do know who, and appreciate all the help from those who have the patience to do so.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty