How long before we see rooted ICS

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: How long before we see a ICS

You mean ICS ROM? The first rule of dev club is to never talk about dev club. Kidding, the general rule is to not ask for timelines or due dates, because you're getting this for free from the kindness and hard work of others. Sit tight, my son. The wise devs will soon guide us to the promised land.

Reactions: matthewjoseph255

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I am sure HTC will have it out by the end of the week. Based on how quickly the turned around on GB for the TBolt I have the utmost confidence it will be out quickly and totally bug free

Then next week they will announce the replacement for the Rezound

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate the kindness of the developers aside from The Phone Creators and Android/Google.

However. It should be worked on more by the actual developers so we can all get updates and upgrades. I have an optimus v and if ICS is an OS why shouldn't it be available to everyone. If I do get it. Its through a rom. They need to work more on making it accessable by everyone.

Meaning their are only 4 Android OS Versions. 1.0, 2.0(2.2.2,2.3), 3.0, Newest 4.0 So why are they not working on a way to make it a universal operating system rather than doing everything over and over til it works with each phone. I understand it's a process to do so for Google and Cell Phone Carriers. But come on now. I would wait if I knew it was coming.

As for the Rezound. I think a rom would be useless at this point because as my girlfriend got one I looked it up, haven't found a date. But we are getting the ICS Update when it comes out for this phone. After that I will be rooting, and linking everything to the sd and saving battery life by 10 times.

But yeah I would like to do the root as soon as possible and I am wondering if I should go ahead and do a temproot, do everything, and then unroot for the update. But if I know when ICS comes out for the Rezound then I will know if I can just wait for it. Then do the root.

streetfoo212

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

But yeah I would like to do the root as soon as possible and I am wondering if I should go ahead and do a temproot, do everything, and then unroot for the update. But if I know when ICS comes out for the Rezound then I will know if I can just wait for it. Then do the root.

I say root it immediately and start using custom ROMs. Unlocking, rooting, and adding a ROM doesn't take all that much effort or time, and there are so many advantages to doing so (a major one being much better battery life). I'm sure there'll be an ICS ROM out before the official update, so missing the over the air one shouldn't be a problem.

I was originally excited for ICS just because it's new, but then I remembered that I'm perfectly happy with Gingerbread (as long as I have root, of course :p). Just forget about ICS for now and enjoy your crazy powerful phone. :D

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I looked over at XDA earlier today and was actually excited to see some Rezound ICS roms, however they were all beta, and were not completely functional yet. I'd say within a month or two we'll have functional ICS roms available.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I looked over at XDA earlier today and was actually excited to see some Rezound ICS roms, however they were all beta, and were not completely functional yet. I'd say within a month or two we'll have functional ICS roms available.

Yeah, I was reading over at XDA as well. Sounds like they are working hard, but are waiting for a new kernal build from Demon, then Scott and the other developers can do their thing.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Sooner than that, I am sure.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Sooner than that, I am sure.

If you constantly tell people to expect less and take longer, they'll constantly be surprised when you produce more in less time ;)

Either way I'm waiting patiently. I'd love to see what the Rezound does on ICS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma