[ROM] - 1/19 - SenselessROM 2.0 ICS Edition - Dreams Do Come True

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
SenselessROM-Logo.png

About SenselessROM ICS Edition
SenselessROM was designed to be a AOSP clone built from the Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich!
All Google Apps are up to date as of 1/19/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.10.605.7

Consider this a beta quality build! Please Read Post #2 before installing!

Features
As close to AOSP as possible!

Senseless2-Rez-ICS.png

Please read all of post #2 before downloading!

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 1/19 - SenselessROM 2.0 ICS Edition - Dreams Do Come

Special Notes
  • Consider this a beta quality build!
  • ROM now boots to fastboot after install to auto install kernel. Just press power when you get to fastboot and the install will begin. No longer need a PC to install.

High Priority Known Issues
  • Exchange not working! This is being researched. All other emails are working fine.
  • MMS Receive but not send! This is being researched.

Low Priority Known Issues
  • The initial set up screen is glitchy! You will need to bypass it by pressing home 3 or so times!
  • Cant get to Camera from Lockscreen
  • Status bar will FC on each reboot but comes back immediately
  • Dock Mode distorts lock screen
  • Minor blure flicker every once in a while. Very minor and not very frequent. May be driver related
  • Text in Status bar will go blurry for a microsecond then catch up. I think its related to the issue above... Very very minor.
  • Battery doesnt seem to be charging but it is. When you reboot the battery status updates correctly.
  • Data Arrows do not work. Data worksfine... Just the indicator arrows are broke.
  • You have to unlock the screen to answer a call. This is my all time favorite! Consider this a feature to avoid pocket answering :)

How to install
  • Place ROM on SD Card
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
  • Flash ROM
  • ROM will boot to fastboot when installation is complete
  • Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
  • Reboot
  • Profit!

Huge thanks to
  • MrLeaks
  • x3demond3x
  • lllboredlll
  • Tachi91

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Slow down bro, you're gonna burn yourself out. Love the work but take a few days off. Let these ROMs breathe a bit lol.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

My pants...they've been crapped.
Does everything function normally? (Texting, phone, GPS, etc.)
Is stuff like "face unlock" and the stylish contact cards/view/pictures on here?

I'm freaking out over here, man. I want to get home and try this out immediately.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Is stuff like "face unlock" and the stylish contact cards/view/pictures on here?

I'm freaking out over here, man. I want to get home and try this out immediately.

Home..?? You don't need to be home anymore. Scott has this thing auto-updating the kernel. So now after you flash it goes right to flashing the kernel as well. This is actually the second time today I've flashed a ROM right from my phone...feels like the good ol' days again haha. Though I'm sure Verizon won't like me downloading all this off their network...but ask me if I care.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Slow down bro, you're gonna burn yourself out. Love the work but take a few days off. Let these ROMs breathe a bit lol.

Dont worry man... I am taking a break... I do need to chill... But its like pure adrenaline when you push out something like this and you get all sorts of feedback like below.... It just kinda makes you sit back and smile because you can make others smile... Pure adrenaline right now...

Everyting seems to be working well... I cannot tell you for a fact that everything is perfect.

Its a leaked build... Its new... BUt I felt good enough about it to put my name on it. I know you dont know me or my "name" so that prolly means nothing to you... but give it a spin.. Dont expect perfection... But its DAMN NICE :cool:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Home..?? You don't need to be home anymore. Scott has this thing auto-updating the kernel. So now after you flash it goes right to flashing the kernel as well. This is actually the second time today I've flashed a ROM right from my phone...feels like the good ol' days again haha. Though I'm sure Verizon won't like me downloading all this off their network...but ask me if I care.

Oh, so you flashed this one as well, I'm assuming? Is it as awesome as I imagine it to be?

Everyting seems to be working well... I cannot tell you for a fact that everything is perfect.

Its a leaked build... Its new... BUt I felt good enough about it to put my name on it. I know you dont know me or my "name" so that prolly means nothing to you... but give it a spin.. Dont expect perfection... But its DAMN NICE :cool:

You'd be surprised as to how many people can see "Scott" and instantly recognize it as "scrosler", or as the guy who does ROMs, at the very least.
Made a name for yourself, you have, padawan.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

One issue to report and hopefully someone else can confirm. Couldn't enable mobile data on first boot. Had to reboot then it took. Calls/texts did still work.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then I found what I'm doing on my lunch break. Actually one thing briefly, can someone ensure that Skype works? Said as it is, I need a functioning Skype. My GF is in England for a semester and I work a second-ish shift job, so when 6pm rolls around here I talk to her via Skype.

So confirm that works, and I'll flash this today. Oh, and Beats. I enjoy beats lol.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm downloading the ROM to my phone now. I did some quick work trying to save my Tiny Tower app, but no luck lol. Unfortunately Scott's site doesn't seem to like me. Every time I try to download something it tells me to slow down and wait some random amount of seconds.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Well... I'm trying to download. The download site is not responding very well.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Well... I'm trying to download. The download site is not responding very well.

Wait for the 60 seconds or so. When you try again, you'll get an "Internal Server Error." Go back to the download page, refresh, try again. Another error. Rinse and repeat with going back and refreshing and you should have it by the 3rd try.
I did the same thing.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Yea, I've been refreshing with no such luck. I wait, and get to the download site, but once there that dev-host server times out.

EDIT: Finally came through on the computer... 1/4 way downloaded.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Yea, I've been refreshing with no such luck. I wait, and get to the download site, but once there that dev-host server times out.

EDIT: Finally came through on the computer... 1/4 way downloaded.

There's a lot of stress on the server. Probably lots of people grabbing this one of the two ICS ROMs . Give it time. I downloaded both from my phone in a reasonable amount of time this morning.