01-28-2012 12:08 AM
88 123 ...
tools

About SenselessROM ICS Edition
    SenselessROM was designed to be a AOSP clone built from the Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich!
    All Google Apps are up to date as of 1/19/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.10.605.7
    Consider this a beta quality build! Please Read Post #2 before installing!
    Features
    As close to AOSP as possible!

Please read all of post #2 before downloading!

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it
    01-19-2012 08:54 AM
    Special Notes
    • Consider this a beta quality build!
    • ROM now boots to fastboot after install to auto install kernel. Just press power when you get to fastboot and the install will begin. No longer need a PC to install.

High Priority Known Issues
    • Exchange not working! This is being researched. All other emails are working fine.
    • MMS Receive but not send! This is being researched.

Low Priority Known Issues
    • The initial set up screen is glitchy! You will need to bypass it by pressing home 3 or so times!
    • Cant get to Camera from Lockscreen
    • Status bar will FC on each reboot but comes back immediately
    • Dock Mode distorts lock screen
    • Minor blure flicker every once in a while. Very minor and not very frequent. May be driver related
    • Text in Status bar will go blurry for a microsecond then catch up. I think its related to the issue above... Very very minor.
    • Battery doesnt seem to be charging but it is. When you reboot the battery status updates correctly.
    • Data Arrows do not work. Data worksfine... Just the indicator arrows are broke.
    • You have to unlock the screen to answer a call. This is my all time favorite! Consider this a feature to avoid pocket answering

How to install
    • Place ROM on SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
    • Flash ROM
    • ROM will boot to fastboot when installation is complete
    • Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Huge thanks to
    • MrLeaks
    • x3demond3x
    • lllboredlll
    • Tachi91
    01-19-2012 08:55 AM
    Slow down bro, you're gonna burn yourself out. Love the work but take a few days off. Let these ROMs breathe a bit lol.
    01-19-2012 09:33 AM
    My pants...they've been crapped.
    Does everything function normally? (Texting, phone, GPS, etc.)
    Is stuff like "face unlock" and the stylish contact cards/view/pictures on here?

I'm freaking out over here, man. I want to get home and try this out immediately.
    01-19-2012 09:35 AM
    Is stuff like "face unlock" and the stylish contact cards/view/pictures on here?

I'm freaking out over here, man. I want to get home and try this out immediately.
    Home..?? You don't need to be home anymore. Scott has this thing auto-updating the kernel. So now after you flash it goes right to flashing the kernel as well. This is actually the second time today I've flashed a ROM right from my phone...feels like the good ol' days again haha. Though I'm sure Verizon won't like me downloading all this off their network...but ask me if I care.
    01-19-2012 09:56 AM
    Slow down bro, you're gonna burn yourself out. Love the work but take a few days off. Let these ROMs breathe a bit lol.
    Dont worry man... I am taking a break... I do need to chill... But its like pure adrenaline when you push out something like this and you get all sorts of feedback like below.... It just kinda makes you sit back and smile because you can make others smile... Pure adrenaline right now...

Everyting seems to be working well... I cannot tell you for a fact that everything is perfect.

Its a leaked build... Its new... BUt I felt good enough about it to put my name on it. I know you dont know me or my "name" so that prolly means nothing to you... but give it a spin.. Dont expect perfection... But its DAMN NICE
    01-19-2012 09:57 AM
    Home..?? You don't need to be home anymore. Scott has this thing auto-updating the kernel. So now after you flash it goes right to flashing the kernel as well. This is actually the second time today I've flashed a ROM right from my phone...feels like the good ol' days again haha. Though I'm sure Verizon won't like me downloading all this off their network...but ask me if I care.
    Oh, so you flashed this one as well, I'm assuming? Is it as awesome as I imagine it to be?

Everyting seems to be working well... I cannot tell you for a fact that everything is perfect.

Its a leaked build... Its new... BUt I felt good enough about it to put my name on it. I know you dont know me or my "name" so that prolly means nothing to you... but give it a spin.. Dont expect perfection... But its DAMN NICE
    You'd be surprised as to how many people can see "Scott" and instantly recognize it as "scrosler", or as the guy who does ROMs, at the very least.
    Made a name for yourself, you have, padawan.
    01-19-2012 10:03 AM
    One issue to report and hopefully someone else can confirm. Couldn't enable mobile data on first boot. Had to reboot then it took. Calls/texts did still work.
    01-19-2012 10:40 AM
    Scrosler. You are one bad motherfu--

Wanda likes this.
    01-19-2012 11:03 AM
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then I found what I'm doing on my lunch break. Actually one thing briefly, can someone ensure that Skype works? Said as it is, I need a functioning Skype. My GF is in England for a semester and I work a second-ish shift job, so when 6pm rolls around here I talk to her via Skype.

So confirm that works, and I'll flash this today. Oh, and Beats. I enjoy beats lol.
    01-19-2012 12:12 PM
    Cool. Can you try out the fm radio?
    01-19-2012 12:13 PM
    Cool. Can you try out the fm radio?
    I can/will PM me with details or create a new thread for it. Leave this one clean for people with questions about the ROM.
    01-19-2012 12:41 PM
    Fine, I'll be my own guinea pig :P Will update after flash.
    01-19-2012 01:41 PM
    Fine, I'll be my own guinea pig :P Will update after flash.
    I'm waiting for the update, fyi. You and MrSmith are kind enough to be the testers.
    01-19-2012 01:54 PM
    I'm downloading the ROM to my phone now. I did some quick work trying to save my Tiny Tower app, but no luck lol. Unfortunately Scott's site doesn't seem to like me. Every time I try to download something it tells me to slow down and wait some random amount of seconds.
    01-19-2012 02:11 PM
    Well... I'm trying to download. The download site is not responding very well.
    01-19-2012 02:18 PM
    Well... I'm trying to download. The download site is not responding very well.
    Wait for the 60 seconds or so. When you try again, you'll get an "Internal Server Error." Go back to the download page, refresh, try again. Another error. Rinse and repeat with going back and refreshing and you should have it by the 3rd try.
    I did the same thing.
    01-19-2012 02:25 PM
    Yea, I've been refreshing with no such luck. I wait, and get to the download site, but once there that dev-host server times out.

EDIT: Finally came through on the computer... 1/4 way downloaded.
    01-19-2012 02:27 PM
    Yea, I've been refreshing with no such luck. I wait, and get to the download site, but once there that dev-host server times out.

EDIT: Finally came through on the computer... 1/4 way downloaded.
    There's a lot of stress on the server. Probably lots of people grabbing this one of the two ICS ROMs . Give it time. I downloaded both from my phone in a reasonable amount of time this morning.
    01-19-2012 02:34 PM
    lol the ninja edit strikes again.
    01-19-2012 02:38 PM
    Used CleanFLASH to flash Amon-Ra, it said it was successful but I can't boot into recovery now. Phone still boots to OS. Will attempt to reflash.

EDITS: Moving forward... got recovery, attempting factory reset.

Taking forever... Wondering if my having deleted VZW apps is causing this issue lol

Nope, still an issue with recovery... -_- Using the latest version of Amon-Ra what's going on here?

FUN FACT! Attempting to use cleanFLASH again to reflash recover, so I reboot my phone and plug in the USB. With the back cover off, the phone will get 3G service when it's plugged in. The USB cable must be acting as an antenna lol

My Recovery issue: was caused by using the latest version of the Amon-Ra recovery (3.11). It does not work. I ended up using the original, a link to which can be found in the CleanFLASH thread or HERE

and finally I have ICS.

So don't use the current Amon-Ra recovery, follow Scott's instructions and your install should be easy as pie.
    01-19-2012 03:00 PM
    Alright here's some technical love for Scrott's work.

I haven't figured out the screen shot business on ICS yet, unfortunately other screenshot apps don't seem to work.

So here's three runs prior to installing ICS, stock rom permanent root, senseless and bloat uninstalled.

^Average = 5803

Using the same app, 3 runs total score:

5501 <------HUH?!

Average: 6007.3333

That last run saw point losses in CPU integer category, but my internal storage read went to >50mbps

EDIT: Did 1 more run for shiggles. Stats are as follows.

RAM: 1421
    CPU integer: 2096
    CPU float-point: 890
    2d graphics: 262
    3d graphics: 1250
    Database IO: 270
    SD Card Write: 9.6mbps (96)
    SD Card Read: >50mbps (204)
    CPU Freq.: 1512mhz

Total: 6489

So what I'm noticing is that ICS is much better with RAM and internal storage.
    01-19-2012 05:02 PM
    When i install a program. The text rolls across the top and sticks.
    01-19-2012 06:12 PM
    Need Some Help. Flashed The Rom, Which Is Beautiful!! It seems to be having network connectivity problems, so i was gonna place the old rom back on my phone. When I reboot in Ah mon Ra, the Kernal/Image, keeps popping up asking if I would like to update. If I say no, it reboots. If I say yes, it updates then reboots. I can't get to the recovery mode because of this. How do you remove the files prompting the update?

UPDATE:
    Nevermind. I figured it out, the Zipfile adds the PH98IMG zip file to the extSD card automatically. If you want to recover, you most physically take this off via file manager or microSD adapter and plug into computer.
    01-19-2012 06:20 PM
    EDIT: Did 1 more run for shiggles. Stats are as follows.

RAM: 1421
    CPU integer: 2096
    CPU float-point: 890
    2d graphics: 262
    3d graphics: 1250
    Database IO: 270
    SD Card Write: 9.6mbps (96)
    SD Card Read: >50mbps (204)
    CPU Freq.: 1512mhz

Total: 6489

So what I'm noticing is that ICS is much better with RAM and internal storage.
    I think and dont quote me...

ICS is for Dual Core devices
    01-19-2012 08:24 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD