I need help with recovery and rooting on a MAC

jeradsjunk

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
New to android. Using a MAC to unlock, root and install senseless ICS. I've unlocked the bootloader via htcdev. Everything worked and now shows unlocked. I downloaded amon ra version 3.11 and installed with this command:

./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

It seemed to work:

sending 'recovery' (4124 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.908s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.265s]
finished. total time: 2.173s

When I go back to the fastboot menu and select recovery it goes to the white HTC screen and freezes. At least I think it freezes. Waited 5 minutes and it didn't do anything. I am trying to root the phone now. It looks like I should be able to root by booting into recovery, go to developer and install su. I may be wrong though. Can someone help me with this? I've searched everywhere and there's not a lot of help on using a MAC. My phone boots normally if I don't go to fastboot.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
MrSmith gave me the script to manually enter and it got me to root on my Mac. Maybe he could post the script for everyone. It didn't work when i tried to run it entirely. I had to manually enter each line. But it was flawless. I then installed CWM and was good to go.

jeradsjunk

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried amon ra 3.10 and am getting the same results. Do I need to go back to an earlier version? Should I try CWM? If so can someone point to the correct one to use?

DanEfraz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
JeradsJunk, man ive literally been on this computer looking for answers for an entire day, im hoping maybee you can help me. most of my troubles seem to be because of the fact that im using a Mac....i have a Rezound and i CANNOT seem to find ANY way to root the device...i unlocked the bootloader using the HtcDev sight but im stuck, in all honesty i dont understand what "flashing means either" its just something ive never been taught or walked through, if you could help me in anyway with info on how to root this phone i would be so grateful cause im an totally lost

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood