[GUIDE] Guide to Unlocking & Rooting the HTC Rezound

ezgoing2406

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon got all of us trying get this figured out. Been grabbing a few hours here and there... Trying to gets this over ride there bull crap ware.. So much to read up on. Going to see verzion development team tomorrow.. when I deliver at there place... Maybe they will hit me up with some info..

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@all

If someone comes up with a solid new rooting method for the Rezound after the update or this current version just needs to be tweaked a bit feel free to speak up :)

I don't own the device, I'm just helping out the members by providing a specific guide/thread on the rooting of the device.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
just to be clear, if my phone got the OTA update then i cant use these instructions to root and flash a custom ROM?

Rooting the Rezound requires that you unlock then install custom recovery(Amon-Ra), and install superuser/root via recovery and then download superuser from the market. ROM'ing on the rezound remains the same.

Reactions: JimFlyerFan

technophile82

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This works if your rezound is unlocked.. I have full access to my phone.. Here is the site..

Root lost after Verizon 2.01.605.11 update - Android Forums

use the superuser that is built inside recovery.. You won't see a superuser icon in your tray. When you boot the phone up.. But the phone is fully perm rooted

I used this method described by scotty85 in the link. I used fastboot (fastboot boot filename.img) to boot into Amon Ra recovery...chose the option to install superuser, and then rebooted. Now I'm rooted with the OTA, and superuser app in my app drawer. Seems painless and easy enough.

ezgoing2406

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I used this method described by scotty85 in the link. I used fastboot (fastboot boot filename.img) to boot into Amon Ra recovery...chose the option to install superuser, and then rebooted. Now I'm rooted with the OTA, and superuser app in my app drawer. Seems painless and easy enough.

I tried that way and didnt have any luck. So I tried what I posted and worked perfect...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mithed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for putting all of this in one place. Makes it a lot easier to root when its all right there in together.

biggjd69

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I need help. I just rooted the other day and when I try to add a Rom the phone won't restore. A hat and arrow loop appears and the only way I can get out it to remove the battery. Please help

biggjd69

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, clockworkmod is v5.8.1.4
I was able to get back to recovery mode. Now I am going through to wipe again but it is getting stuck without wiping. Last time it went pretty quick. How long should it take? It's just sitting at the image of the cwm top hat with the yellow ring. It sits there whether I try to reboot, wipe data, wipe cache, or restore - or anything.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This method works even after the current OTA, correct?

i unlocked my phone and now i am trying figure out how to root it... I had the newest OTA update on prior to the unlock

I would also like to know if this currently works with the latest ota.

For those of you that are on the OTA, try this.

After you've unlocked, install the Amon-Ra recovery, not Clockwork Mod...too many issues with it at this point. Amon-Ra does the same things just a tad different in the layout.

Once thats installed boot into the recovery and go to the developer menu, once there select install Superuser (may be abbreviated as SU). Reboot back into the normal phone. Go to the Market and install the Superuser app (from ChainsDD). You should now be rooted and ready to grant apps like Titanium superuser permissions to delete bloat apps and do backups and etc etc.

Credit to Mr. Smith317 for sharing the info about the developer menu install from another post.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
After you've unlocked, install the Amon-Ra recovery, not Clockwork Mod...too many issues with it at this point. Amon-Ra does the same things just a tad different in the layout.

Once thats installed boot into the recovery and go to the developer menu, once there select install Superuser (may be abbreviated as SU). Reboot back into the normal phone. Go to the Market and install the Superuser app (from ChainsDD). You should now be rooted and ready to grant apps like Titanium superuser permissions to delete bloat apps and do backups and etc etc.

Credit to Mr. Smith317 for sharing the info about the developer menu install from another post.

Err...ahem, Clockwork is actually pretty stable now, just to throw it out there. I realize I'm probably the only one defending/using it.
Trust me though, I went through the earlier phases of it and it seriously sucked. Now, I can create & restore backups without hangups or freezes, and ROMs install without any issue.
My previous thread complaining about CWM was a weird Astro error, in case anyone was wondering.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Err...ahem, Clockwork is actually pretty stable now, just to throw it out there. I realize I'm probably the only one defending/using it.
Trust me though, I went through the earlier phases of it and it seriously sucked. Now, I can create & restore backups without hangups or freezes, and ROMs install without any issue.
My previous thread complaining about CWM was a weird Astro error, in case anyone was wondering.

In my opinion Amon-Ra is still the recovery of choice on the Rezound. Especially since you need it to root a stock Rezound. Just makes more sense. If I could use the ROM Manager options to flash ROMs(since I flash SystemUI and framework updates a lot), I'd probably switch over to CWM because that would make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance