OTA update auto downloads

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning to my Rezound automatically downloading the OTA update. I'm rooted and running Nils' Business Gingersense. I tried to stop it but it just kept on downloading. I was expecting it to bork my phone but after it installed it gave me the option to "defer" the update to 2/5/2012 which I did. Soooo my question is how do I keep it from installing? I've considered just doing a fresh install of either this ROM or another one since they will delete all the phone data minus the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to my Rezound automatically downloading the OTA update. I'm rooted and running Nils' Business Gingersense. I tried to stop it but it just kept on downloading. I was expecting it to bork my phone but after it installed it gave me the option to "defer" the update to 2/5/2012 which I did. Soooo my question is how do I keep it from installing? I've considered just doing a fresh install of either this ROM or another one since they will delete all the phone data minus the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Running Scott's CleanROM, and same thing happened to me today. Deferred as well. Scared.

Thoughts?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of CM7 having a package in it that stopped OTAs entirely. It was along the lines of "Fstopota" or something like that. I remember seeing it over on XDA.
I'm unsure if just pulling that out of CM7 and throwing it onto your phone would work, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright, this is pissing me off. I shut off the network, so no 3G or 4G, and the damn OTA decides to turn it on just to download the firmware for the 9th time.
It cranks the volume all the way to max in order to play the notification tone to let me know it's going to download, and then does it again when the download is finished, even though I have my volume all the way down.
Then the defer button takes you to a calendar, in which you can choose to remind you again in 2015, but the limit is only 5 days at a time. Why even include the damn years if we only get 5 days?
So I go "f*** it, I'll accept you, just leave me the hell alone" and try to install. The process begins, I get a green sliver on the progress bar, and then it gives me the red triangle of "oh, you seem to have uninstalled VCast and Blockbuster. Why don't you go ahead and re-lock and RUU for us, hmm?"

!##@$%@!!@$!#13 !!!!!111!!

Last edited:

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am assuming all the OTA issues are because you are using gingerbread based roms. I am using CleanROM 2.2 ICS and have not experienced the OTA update. Hopefully I won't.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I am assuming all the OTA issues are because you are using gingerbread based roms. I am using CleanROM 2.2 ICS and have not experienced the OTA update. Hopefully I won't.

There's no OTA for ICS Rezounds just yet...

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All..Just joined and have quick question..This new OTA gets aborted in my recovery and I don't seem to know how to stop it from trying to download..Is there a solution to this annoying issue?

Thx E

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There's no OTA for ICS Rezounds just yet...

That's the point. Don't want the OTA, head to an ICS ROM lol. I'm on Senseless ICS and not having to deal with the OTA debacle.

That aside, has anyone with root tried using the DroidWall firewall app to block the system/kernal from internet usage?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
He has a GB Senseless and an ICS Senseless here lol

Over on XDA he's posted an update for his Senseless ICS, hasn't seemed to have made it's way here yet.

I'm on 1.0, and worried that if I update to 1.1 I'll lose my bluetooth functionality. Seems to be spotty from what other people have said.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'll try that..thx...Any one know which one of the ICS roms are the best....meaning the least amount of bugs?
Thx E

I've used both SenselessROM ICS and CleanROM ICS and I personally think CleanROM is less buggy.

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guy's,
I'm not sure if i'm looking in the right areas for an OTA that is in the ph98img.zip format..
I was looking for that because i'm a lot more comfortable flashing through my phone without the computer.
Any help would be great :)

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys putting ROMs on your Rezounds in the first place? Clockwork isn't compatible with the Rezound yet and I haven't come across another way to make it work yet.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
How are you guys putting ROMs on your Rezounds in the first place? Clockwork isn't compatible with the Rezound yet and I haven't come across another way to make it work yet.

CWM isn't "officially" for the Rezound, but there is an unofficial version that people have been using. I've heard it's buggy, though.
The more popular choice is Amon Ra, which you can find over on XDA.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If the ROM dev updated the ROM you are using to include the OTA stuff, that should get rid of the stupid message right? Sounds reasonable to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome