unlocked having trouble installing recovery

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
trying to root but am having trouble getting AmonRA Recovery to install i follow all the steps when i get to these

7) Put the battery back in. Press and hold the volume down button and then press the power button. You should get taken to a white screen. This is HBOOT.

8) Some green text should scroll on the screen. At the bottom, it will prompt you if you would like to install the update. Press the button associated with YES. It is most likely volume up, but I cannot remember off the top of my head for sure.

i just get version is older and only option i get is to reboot, not to install the update.
any ideas?

thanks.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You installed the OTA, huh?
Main version is a relatively new concept to me, but I'll have a crack at this.
Basically, it tells the phone what software version it's at. So with the new OTA comes a new software version. Following me?
Alright, good. Well basically, ROMs we have available were built off of current/previous software versions. For our "safety", HTC blocks out the ability for us to revert to old software. What you're trying to install is, according to the phone, older software, and thus it will be blocked.
There's ways to edit your mainver, though. This is where someone more experienced comes in to fix my errors and guide you through editing it, though.
Also, I thought mainver was an issue relating to ROM's, I didn't know it affected recoveries as well.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
well i didnt install it, it did it its self didnt want it, ....
I cant seem to get root access even with the one click root or perm root.

trying to install cleanrom 2.2

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Wow! With all the OTA problems I'm reading about I'm glad I am running a custom ICS ROM.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
ya your lucky, wish i would have gotten it on there before the update that i clicked no to and it did it by itself later.lol

wanted to put clean rom 2.2 on with ICS, now i will have to wait, hard as i need tethering for school.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira