New Update CWM Problems Rezound?

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
Just flashed the new CWM Recovery...I had Amon Ra...The CWM does not see my ext-sd..I downloaded and tried to flash Amon ra back but CWM is still there...Can someone help me out...THX

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you use ROM Manager? You know that you can't because of the S-ON/S-OFF issue? At least that's my understanding. You have to flash CWM through the phone I believe, not with the Manager.

Can someone verify please?

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did use Rom Manger. I found I had to change the setting in for ext sd. The problems I am having now are...back ups freeze ....and I cant reflash amon ra. everytime i try to flash the ph98img.zip for amon raw..the phone still goes into CWM recovery. I am not sure how to install amon ra via my pc.
Thank you for the help

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes I did use Rom Manger. I found I had to change the setting in for ext sd. The problems I am having now are...back ups freeze ....and I cant reflash amon ra. everytime i try to flash the ph98img.zip for amon raw..the phone still goes into CWM recovery. I am not sure how to install amon ra via my pc.
Thank you for the help

I had the exact same circumstances with CMW, I reflashed Amon Ra using Scotts CleanFlash.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
does scotts clean flash change any of my current things on the phone? Also, is it in a ph98img.zip?

CleanFlash does not change things on your phone, it just flashes the Recovery or boot image. You have to download CleanFlash from Scotts site. You can find it in these threads.

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see a zip form of the cleanflash...is there one? I am not too confident trying to install via pc...when I originally flashed Amon Ra i did it through bootloader/fastboot

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much..I saw that but I didn't understand..." you must supply recovery.img and or the boot.img" what that meant. Since I've been asking so many questions I didn't want to feel more ignorant about this stuff.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thank you very much..I saw that but I didn't understand..." you must supply recovery.img and or the boot.img" what that meant. Since I've been asking so many questions I didn't want to feel more ignorant about this stuff.

You need to download the PH981.zip file for Amon Ra onto your pc. Extract the zip file and you will find the recovery.img file. Put that file into the folder that has the extracted files from the CleanFLASH.zip. Connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable. Run the CleanFLASH.bat. Read and follow the on screen instructions.

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Also...hope this is helpful..when i do go into CWM no matter what option i highlight the neext screen is black with a little tophat on the orange circle..thats when i have to pull the batt to restart phone

redduc900

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
CWM recovery uses the Home button to select an option, unlike Amon RA that uses the PWR button. If you inadvertently find yourself at the screen w/ the "little tophat on the orange circle", it's just a matter of hitting the PWR button to return to the previous screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret