Still being prompted for OTA updates w/ CleanRom installed

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? I thought that this CleanRom or any other custom ROM would have nullified these updates or the need for them, or does it just make it easier to install? Confused here to say the least. Oh well, time to backup root with Rootkeeper then.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You will be prompted to update, however it will never install. The installation will fail every time it tries because CleanROM does not have all the bloat that the update requires to be present upon installation. The only ROMs which do not see the OTA prompt are those on ICS, AFAIK.

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
ICS may be worth it for that alone. I wanted to wait to install any of those ICS ROMs, but if they're somewhat stable and refined, then it might to time to switch ROMs.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Most will suggest CleanROM ICS.

I'm using Senseless.

I'd also suggest CleanROM, as Senseless is essentially a HTC leak. CleanROM gets regular support from Scrosler.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Most will suggest CleanROM ICS.

I'm using Senseless.

I'd also suggest CleanROM, as Senseless is essentially a HTC leak. CleanROM gets regular support from Scrosler.

Either of those two would work great. In my personal experience CleanROM 2.3 ICS is less buggy than Senseless, but they both work great.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. It's not on this forum but Scrosler did put out a Senseless ICS 1.1 over on XDA.

I'm actually pleased to say that my bluetooth is still functional after the update, and possibly even improved!

Before hand when connecting to my car stereo via bluetooth the head unit would display the phone model number.

Now it displays my alias, which is quite amusing.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Either of those two would work great. In my personal experience CleanROM 2.3 ICS is less buggy than Senseless, but they both work great.

I'm running a custom de-sensed version of CR2.3 and it's a ton more stable than Senseless is. It's also bloated with leftover framework from Sense. But that's a concession I'm willing to make.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
o.0 I'm beginning to wonder if I have a special phone, I'm really not encountering too many bugs with Senseless ICS. Hell even my BT works which was a widely reported bug.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
o.0 I'm beginning to wonder if I have a special phone, I'm really not encountering too many bugs with Senseless ICS. Hell even my BT works which was a widely reported bug.

Well xxfallacyxx you are the lucky one. My bluetooth won't stream audio.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm running a custom de-sensed version of CR2.3 and it's a ton more stable than Senseless is. It's also bloated with leftover framework from Sense. But that's a concession I'm willing to make.

Which ROM are you using, or is this your own personal creation?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae