Backup Issue (Clockworkmod)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is using ROM Manager to create a backup, is there a way to get it to recognize the external SD card?
I notice that during the backup process, 2 lines come up about skipping the backup process on apps and data, and the file path always mentions ext_sd and sd_ext.
It's not a big deal if I lose a few apps, I can always redownload them, but I'd prefer to keep the data. Would using Titanium Backup for those items be a smarter move?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is using ROM Manager to create a backup, is there a way to get it to recognize the external SD card?
I notice that during the backup process, 2 lines come up about skipping the backup process on apps and data, and the file path always mentions ext_sd and sd_ext.
It's not a big deal if I lose a few apps, I can always redownload them, but I'd prefer to keep the data. Would using Titanium Backup for those items be a smarter move?

I always had a problem with CW, none of the options did anything when selected, not just backup. I switched to Amon RA. Worked for me on the ext_SD2 card.

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm not getting why you're having any issues at all. The only issue I've come across with CWM, is initiating a back up from the app. The unit will freeze requiring a battery pull. In order to perform a backup, you should always reboot boot into recovery.

thuglife#AC

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ya, im having major issues with cwmr. I power down my rezound pull battery, put battery back in, reboot into recovery. Ive made backups with success but wen i tried to restore them it failed!!! Md5 mismatch?! Wtf? Also...... almost everytime i try to go back to a previous menu within the recovery, it freezes!!! Im giving up on it 4 now, not stable imo. Amon ra hasnt let me down yet. I hope these problems get fixed.... Ive always used cwmr in the past, and actually prefer it, but not if its not stable.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Dovahkiin should be able to help you...he's the resident CWM guru. I personally prefer AmonRa on the Rezound....it just works.
You're giving me too much credit, but I appreciate it. I know just about enough to get around and impress people with, after that, I'm like :confused:

Ya, im having major issues with cwmr. I power down my rezound pull battery, put battery back in, reboot into recovery. Ive made backups with success but wen i tried to restore them it failed!!! Md5 mismatch?! Wtf? Also...... almost everytime i try to go back to a previous menu within the recovery, it freezes!!! Im giving up on it 4 now, not stable imo. Amon ra hasnt let me down yet. I hope these problems get fixed.... Ive always used cwmr in the past, and actually prefer it, but not if its not stable.

Usually md5 mismatches are caused by either incomplete/corrupted files, or an invalid name on the file you're trying to restore. You're having trouble restoring, so I'm assuming it's the latter. If you haven't done it already, update CWM to the latest version. And if possible, try creating another nandroid and see if that one works. If it does, we can narrow down the problem a little better.
As for the backup that doesn't work, did you change the name or add spaces/symbols to the backup you created? Also, do you let CWM store the backups on the filepath it designates, or are you moving them elsewhere with a file explorer? These could cause the mismatch error, but if all signs point to no, then check this out:
[How To] Fix md5 mismatch nandroid restore - xda-developers

Let me know if any of these things work.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same problem with cwm backups. Use amon recovery. Haven't had any issues since I started using that.

Sent from my rooted HTC Rezound

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2