stuck at HTC screen

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Running into some trouble. I went through the process of unlocking then rooting using amon ra, but thats the last thing I did right. I was in recovery and made the mistake of thinking I could restore an old nandriod, which happened to be from my bionic. Well now I am stuck at the HTC white screen and cannot get anywhere. I downloaded the all on one kit and successfully booted into recovery using it, but even after doing a full wipe I cannot get anywhere. I am new to HTC and with a moto device I would have just sbf'd back but I dont know what to do at this point. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!

JayK9684

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi! Running into some trouble. I went through the process of unlocking then rooting using amon ra, but thats the last thing I did right. I was in recovery and made the mistake of thinking I could restore an old nandriod, which happened to be from my bionic. Well now I am stuck at the HTC white screen and cannot get anywhere. I downloaded the all on one kit and successfully booted into recovery using it, but even after doing a full wipe I cannot get anywhere. I am new to HTC and with a moto device I would have just sbf'd back but I dont know what to do at this point. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!
I unlocked it at HTCdev. I actually had trouble rooting the phone believe it or not. I came from Motorola Droid X found it easier to root and use I just didn't like the firmware issues motorola has or bugs. I just got the HTC Rezound a couple weeks ago. Just rooted it a few days ago using the same method I believe. I backed up the phone using Titanium Backup however I uninstalled bloatware following a list I found on android fourms. I decided it was a smart idea to delete wallpapers. Maybe that is where I went wrong? I had to reboot my phone because visual voicemail server was not working correctly. The lock screen has now disappeared so I can not open my phone! I did a full system wipe, cache, davik. I can not figure out how to make Nandroid backups for the life of me. I do not bother flashing ROMS as the process seems complicated. I am computer savy. I've always just used Titanium Backup for backing up my droids! By the way you can put the phone into recovery by holding down the power+vol down button and holding them till screen pops up for future reference. Now I am stuck on the HTC white screen as well. I'd suggest taking it into Verizon!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Take out the SD card and put it into another device so you can get the bionic ROM and other stuff off of it and make sure there isn't a Bionic kernel sitting on there. Then put a ROM for the Rezound on the card, preferably one that contains the proper kernel for the Rezound, I'm gonna recommend Scott's CleanROM 1.6.5 because it's almost identical to stock and is extremely stable.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...-cleanrom-gbe-1-6-base-ota-2-01-605-11-a.html

Once you've got that on your SD card, reinsert into the Rezound, boot it into recovery using what ever method you used before and do the factory reset wipe, data, dalvik. Then flash the ROM and the kernel (instructions for flashing the ROM and kernel are in post 2 of the link I included.) After the ROM is flashed and provided it works, boot into the ROM normally and use ES File explorer and get the kernel off the SD card, its the file named PH98IMG.

Hope that helps and works for you.

Reactions: wojotiger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781