Question about CleanROM

MustangDan74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the directions Scott says:

"Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up."

I assume that is just for phone settings, apps can still be reloaded from my Titanium Backup, right?

Thanks-Dan

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
In the directions Scott says:

"Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up."

I assume that is just for phone settings, apps can still be reloaded from my Titanium Backup, right?

Thanks-Dan

After I "wipe all data/factory reset", I also "wipe cache" and "wipe dalvik cache", then I just reinstall all apps from scratch. The only things I restore are my contacts and music when I sync with google. Everything on the external micro sd card is safe unless you wipe or format that too.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Scott would tell you almost all problems people have are from 2 things. Dirty flashing (not wiping) and restoring apps. Maybe you don't have problems like some people, or maybe you do, waste a bunch of time trying to fix non-issues, and have to do a clean install anyway.

I go clean everytime.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Basically that rule/guideline is put in place so that Scott doesn't have to deal with issues you drag from ROM to ROM and then blaming his latest ROM.

MustangDan74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, not sure what happened but when I installed the ROM and then started setting everything up, I seem to have apps that didnt back up data. Not a huge deal, just have to redo some things.