[GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I just learned how to do this myself. You do realize those are three separate commands right? And you have put the recovery file in the AndroidSDK folder already? And you are in debugging. And when I do it when I get into Hboot I have to manually select cannot with the volume keys and power button before I send the command. Have I touched on anything you haven't done?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
ok let me try selecting fastboot that could be the problem. i will select it before i do the command. thank you for the help. i will get back with info

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
No. It's going to be s-on unless you do some radical and physical modifications.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That is the output i received when I did the command Fastboot flash recovery ..\recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a couple of miss matches in our conversation. If the image file is named (\recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img) and your command is \recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img then it will not find the image file. 3.15 or 3.14 has to mach what's in your AndroidSDK folder.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
that was a typo . my fault. ok so now it just sits in limbo with just a blinking cursor after i put in the command recovery........should this part take more than 2 minutes. sorry bug you. I dont understand why i am not getting this to work, i work in computers for a living lol

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How long should I have to wait to receive my unlock key from HTC? I rooted my other Rezound earlier this year. Had a heck of a time then, but I thought the key was emailed pretty quick.

Maybe Im just a dummy, but this Rezound seems much more difficult to root than my old Incredible...dang sure harder than jailbreaking an iphone. LOL

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize that you haven't unlocked yet. It won't take long to get your code. I got mine almost instantly. Take a deep breath and start from scratch. If you miss a step you're just waisting your time.
I'm no pro but I've unlocked and rooted my phone a few times already.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize that you haven't unlocked yet. It won't take long to get your code. I got mine almost instantly. Take a deep breath and start from scratch. If you miss a step you're just waisting your time.
I'm no pro but I've unlocked and rooted my phone a few times already.

I think you're confusing me with someone else... but I will retry nonetheless, thanks!

OK, I have redone the HTCDev part and submitted my token request twice. Still no emails. I checked my account at HTCDev.com and I am looking in the correct email accounbt, even checking SPAM folder...nothing, nada...

I am ONLY rooting to get mobile hotspot for free. If I cant get this to work, I'll just get an S3 and do it from that phone. I don't think root is required on that one.

Last time I unlocked and rooted a Rezound, I had all kinds of trouble. Not sure why...

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got unlock code. Email took several hours to come thru. Now I am stuck at rooting. Below are a few pics....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357011922.973222.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357011957.068191.jpg

Now what??

Finally got to the recovery and all that. Rebooted the phone, but looks like still not rooted. Still trying...

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm lost. Installed superuser, su update fixer and superSU.... All fail. What am I doing wrong??

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Mr Smith sent me a link from xda. I'll try to find it.

Thanks! Your info in pm did the trick. NOW.... If I could get wifi tether app to work! I have tried all the settings tricks in this forum and still no luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital