[GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Jethro71

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm a noob and just rooted my rezound today. Rooting I found was the easy part. I'm trying to install NilsP sense 4.0 custom ROM. I put the zip package on my SD card. Rebooted in recovery mode. Selected the .zip package. It then asked a bunch of questions on whether I wanted S-on or S-off, etc. It appeared to install. But when I reboot my phone, I get the HTC white screen, then it comes up with ICS Business Sense and the little green guy waving with the green bar at the bottom going back and forth, but nothing more happens. What's going on?

Last edited:

albanz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I need some help I've been looking around on this thread and many other for about a week now, my resound was completely stock and I tried to root it, I unlocked the booloaded and installed armon ra recovery and installed superuser but I still don't have root access, can someone guide me? I used the information from the unlocker to get to where I am with no luck with rooting
How To Root the HTC Rezound (Video) - TheUnlockr

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that you want to download the zip file and put it on sd card 2 and then flash it from recovery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

albanz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Since I am on my phone can I just download it on my phone and the go in to hboot and choose zip file from sd card or does it need to be done from the computer?

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Follow the link. Download the zip file. Get a file manager program from the play store. Make sure the file is on sd card 2. If not then move it there. Once that's done, do a battery pull and go into hboot. Select recovery. Select sd card 2. Select the zip file you downloaded. When you reboot you should be good to go.

Bkolb69

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem myself when I did it. Mr Smith helped me. It's the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Good luck.

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I had to go into Fastboot to get my phone recognized. Also, the HTC site says you have to be in Fastboot as well. As soon as I switched to Fastboot, my phone was recognized and the rest of the process went right along.

bserey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm really new to this so please forgive me. I Followed the guide and unlocked then the rooting section was working till I got to install supersu, which I did thru the play store. When the app is run it says the SU binary needs to be updated, it keeps saying that the installation failed. any help would be appreciated.

Got it working, flashed supersu as a .zip thru recovery. funny what a little looking around can accomplish.

Last edited:

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Can I flash amon ra over clockwork mod. Clock work mod is not seeing my nandroid backup it says no files found but they are in there. If it can be done how do I do it?

TIA

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Can I flash amon ra over clockwork mod. Clock work mod is not seeing my nandroid backup it says no files found but they are in there. If it can be done how do I do it?

TIA

I hope you've found your answer by now but Clockworkmod doesn't work well on the Rezound. Flash AmonRa if you want your backups to work properly.

If anyone needs help(non-mental please) just PM me. I'm not much on here and when I am, I'm usually over in the Note 2 section

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Which WiFi tether app is best after getting root. That plays well with rezound...

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I've missed something somewhere.
At hboot I show
***tampered***
***unlocked***
But I still show s-on
I dunno what I've done wrong.
I've gotten into amon ra, installed Su,
Just a little perplexed..

My intention was simple. Finally get brave enough to try to root. I have a droid incredible that I want to tether off of my rezound. This way my daughter can quit putting tiny fingerprints on my rez. LOL

Last edited:

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Finally super Su to work on my rez. Also got WiFi tether to work.
Mr Smith, thank you.
Everyone else, thank you.

Through reading all the posts and good info in here I was able to accomplish what I set out to do.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've missed something somewhere.
At hboot I show
***tampered***
***unlocked***
But I still show s-on
I dunno what I've done wrong.
I've gotten into amon ra, installed Su,
Just a little perplexed..

My intention was simple. Finally get brave enough to try to root. I have a droid incredible that I want to tether off of my rezound. This way my daughter can quit putting tiny fingerprints on my rez. LOL

I am having the same issue. How did you figure it out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781