Rooting and Battery life.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm no noobie to rooting and Rom flashing with my Dinc, but I was just curious as to the results others have had increasing their battery life with other Roms on the Rezound. I bought the extended battery for $25 when it was on sale at VZW, but it makes the phone way to big for my liking. It's hard to pass up an extra OEM battery for $25, especially one with more power, but I hate having an elephant man phone.

A few Senseless Roms on my Dinc gave me phenomenal battery life compared to other Dincs, but I'm rather disappointed in how poor the Rezound battery life is....And I don't live/work in an area with 4g, so just the normal 3g usage is killing it. I work in a terrible reception area, and my Dinc used to get drained there as well, but not this bad. I basically shut off my mobile data connection for a few hours a day at work, so I don't have to put it on the charger ASAP at 4 pm when I get home.

I don't like being tethered to a charger, and I'm not afraid to Root, but I don't have the time right now to play with a ton of Rom/kernel combinations like I did 18 months ago with my Dinc. Just looking for some suggestions to keep from relying on the extended battery.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
There are no kernals for ICS roms yet, so don't worry about those.

IncrediKernal is good with most GB roms, and he just had an update today.

I would guess a senseless GB rom gave me about 15-20% more life on the same battery.

ICS about the same, I'm still unsure on Sense4, I have not had a normal phone day in weeks, and I have not had a sense 4 rom on long enough to tell you about the battery life.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm no noobie to rooting and Rom flashing with my Dinc, but I was just curious as to the results others have had increasing their battery life with other Roms on the Rezound. I bought the extended battery for $25 when it was on sale at VZW, but it makes the phone way to big for my liking. It's hard to pass up an extra OEM battery for $25, especially one with more power, but I hate having an elephant man phone.

A few Senseless Roms on my Dinc gave me phenomenal battery life compared to other Dincs, but I'm rather disappointed in how poor the Rezound battery life is....And I don't live/work in an area with 4g, so just the normal 3g usage is killing it. I work in a terrible reception area, and my Dinc used to get drained there as well, but not this bad. I basically shut off my mobile data connection for a few hours a day at work, so I don't have to put it on the charger ASAP at 4 pm when I get home.

I don't like being tethered to a charger, and I'm not afraid to Root, but I don't have the time right now to play with a ton of Rom/kernel combinations like I did 18 months ago with my Dinc. Just looking for some suggestions to keep from relying on the extended battery.

If your not using the 4G radio and can't because of location I would turn it off altogether. I've read from several people that just turning off the LTE will give you a considerable boost in batt life.

It's under "mobile networks" and then "network mode". Change to CDMA only.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
In the short time I've had this phone, I've found that no matter what, if you are connected to a 4G signal, it destroys battery life (rooted or not). I was running Clean Rom, not in a 4G area, connected to Wifi and was able to pull down 11 hours and have 50% left with normal usage (texting, email, pics, taking video). At my office where I get a clear 4G connection, doing barely anything at all I was down to 35% after 5 hours. The main battery offender on this device is 4G - period...which is unfortunate b/c this is an LTE phone.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If your not using the 4G radio and can't because of location I would turn it off altogether. I've read from several people that just turning off the LTE will give you a considerable boost in batt life.

It's under "mobile networks" and then "network mode". Change to CDMA only.

Yeah, I turn it to CDMA only at work. I think I got so used to swapping batteries on the dinc that I guess I didn't realize my battery life on that. This definitely uses more, but probably not as bad as I think. I decided to keep the extended battery. Spent $20 on the extra battery for the dinc so it's not the money but man is it big. Had the extended in today, came home and picked up the Dinc and it felt so tiny. I'm going to have to give it a few days to see. Not sure if I can get used to the size, but it is in excellent to NOT have to think about the battery at all today.