How do I change input method Sense 4.0

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So I'm running RezROM's Sense 4.0 v1.2 and it's actually quite smooth. I like the direction everything is taking but I'm not a big fan of the arrowed keyboard and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change keyboards. I've been into the Language and Keyboards setting and I've got the one I want selected to "On" but when I long press a text box I never get the option to "Change Input Method" like we usually get on every other version of Sense.

Any one got any ideas?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
That happens. Try long pressing in the messaging app. I remember it was very touchy about showing the box to change inputs. If all else fails get the swiftkey trial. It gives an on screen option.

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Got swift key working but that's the only one besides the stock keyboard that I can get running. I've tried everything I can think of to get the change input box to come up. Oh well. Weird.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
What are you trying for?

Charged up post!

For some strange unexplainable reason I like the stock ICS keyboard. Don't ask me why, I just seem to type better on it. And I really don't dig the arrows on the keyboard that comes with the ROM.

I'm getting used to SwiftKey though.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Off topic, but I think good for a laugh.....

I was trying to long press in the typing box to bring up the options and could not get anything either. Took me a few tries before I remembered I am on my iPhone 4!

LOL!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

chunyong

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So I'm running RezROM's Sense 4.0 v1.2 and it's actually quite smooth. I like the direction everything is taking but I'm not a big fan of the arrowed keyboard and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change keyboards. I've been into the Language and Keyboards setting and I've got the one I want selected to "On" but when I long press a text box I never get the option to "Change Input Method" like we usually get on every other version of Sense.

Any one got any ideas?
ddddddddddddddddddddd

Jack1107

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just came across here. I just signed up. :)
A bit late, but better than anything seen on this page anyway. :cool:

Once your keyboard display at the bottom half of the screen, there's actually a very small keyboard icon in the top-left corner of your screen (left in the notification bar).
Slide it down and you'll find the 'Select Input Method'
Does that help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey