[How-To] Flash a leaked RUU

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
One more question for MrSmith..

I sucessfully unlocked....
I thought I rooted, but the apps I am trying to use that require root access arent working...
I followed your steps to the letter and have superuser app installed...

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
One more question for MrSmith..

I sucessfully unlocked....
I thought I rooted, but the apps I am trying to use that require root access arent working...
I followed your steps to the letter and have superuser app installed...

If you're using some of the latest ICS leaks, you will need SuperSU which is also linked in my guide.

If you're still on GB or an early ICS leak, grab superuser(and busybox) from the market. Some say to update it, some say to not update. See what works for you.

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
If you're using some of the latest ICS leaks, you will need SuperSU which is also linked in my guide.

If you're still on GB or an early ICS leak, grab superuser(and busybox) from the market. Some say to update it, some say to not update. See what works for you.

I'm running the latest RUU

I tried installing superuser & busybox (no good)

and tried to install superSU from your guide...
when I open superSU, it says the SU binary needs to be updated. then the install fails

sw33tooth

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
yea, i never changed sig to rezound after I returned it but when i have it connected via usb I see no folders you listed. Just other folders such as LOST.DIR and such

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
yea, i never changed sig to rezound after I returned it but when i have it connected via usb I see no folders you listed. Just other folders such as LOST.DIR and such

When you have it connected to windows, it connects as two separate drives. If you don't see a folder called EXT_SD then you're on SDCard2 where you should be.

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
So I have run the leak and everything seems to be working correctly but I can't flash it a second time, I can hold the power and volume down forever and it will not start, as soon as I release one of the buttons it starts normally. Am I missing something? Is it a must to flash it the second time?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Duh ... nevermind ... just read the post above mine.

Stumped on something here ... I just flashed the RUU once, and I'm trying to start the flashing process a second time. I power down the phone, hold down the bottom of the volume rocker; then, press and hold the power button -- the phone won't boot to HBOOT. It just boots into ICS.

I've tried several times. Is the shortcut to HBOOT different in ICS?

Thank you!

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Duh ... nevermind ... just read the post above mine.

Stumped on something here ... I just flashed the RUU once, and I'm trying to start the flashing process a second time. I power down the phone, hold down the bottom of the volume rocker; then, press and hold the power button -- the phone won't boot to HBOOT. It just boots into ICS.

I've tried several times. Is the shortcut to HBOOT different in ICS?

Thank you!

You could plug it into your computer and use the command to reboot into bootloader

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
You could plug it into your computer and use the command to reboot into bootloader

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Thanks, NoY. Tapatalk doesn't show that I crossed out my post. :)

Command to reboot? What is the command? Never knew of it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084