Newts OnE XxX RLS 1

JustSomeDudeHere

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Which is the latest version of this Rom lol? His lettering is confusing to me.

I just flashed rls3 and so far so good. I wish there were tweaks and stuff, but other than that it is so much smoother than the other s4 Rom I have tried. The only reservation I have is its just not as smooth as 3.6, but that is to be expected I suppose lol. It's not that it is bad at all, I just can't stand an occational studer when zooming around the home screens and app drawer. It's still miles better than stock lol.

I think I am going to dd this for a while and get a good taste of it. HTC did such a better job with the look of s4. Everything just looks better. I am going to check into a dark theme for the menus though. Looks great in white, but might look better in black or grey

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

RLS3 is the latest. :) (RC= "Release Candidate"; RLS= "Release")

And agreed, Sense4 is so much better than Sense3.6, but the there still is the occasional stutter, etc. on this ROM (for me mainly when opening the app drawer). It still is by far the best Sense4 ROM, and a new Tweaks app should be in the next release (called "Rom Utility," built from the ground up by tommytomatoe).

Personally I can't go back to Sense3.6, and will probably stick with this ROM for awhile... (..was about to say "until I can try CM9/AOKP," but of course waiting for that could drive a Rezound user crazy).

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
RLS3 is the latest. :) (RC= "Release Candidate"; RLS= "Release")

And agreed, Sense4 is so much better than Sense3.6, but the there still is the occasional stutter, etc. on this ROM (for me mainly when opening the app drawer). It still is by far the best Sense4 ROM, and a new Tweaks app should be in the next release (called "Rom Utility," built from the ground up by tommytomatoe).

Personally I can't go back to Sense3.6, and will probably stick with this ROM for awhile... (..was about to say "until I can try CM9/AOKP," but of course waiting for that could drive a Rezound user crazy).

Ok gotcha.

I actually just flashed back to cleanrom pro. It's smoothness just makes my eyes happy(wow I sound like a ed apple user). I am however missing the cleanliness and what I think might be high resolution of s4 though. I will definitely be back when there is tweaks and such to complete the experience. I actually tried 2 other s4 roms as well and this one was the most solid usage wise. It feels like a direct port from an actual s4 device. Almost too stock even lol. With performance tweaks and some dev goodies it will be the goto s4 Rom for sure unless team pokemon hit the next released out of the park

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So...with all the leaks and everything...I am really just lost as to what to do now. I am rooted, S-On, running amonra 3.15. I am on the RUU that I flashed back in March or April, so I have not updated to the two most recent leaks. I am using RezRom S4 2.5, and so far have loved it, but it seems like it randomly reboots a lot, and the camera closes A LOT. What would I have to do to switch to Newt's Rom? I really want an S4 Rom, and have no interest in having Pokemon on my phone.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So...with all the leaks and everything...I am really just lost as to what to do now. I am rooted, S-On, running amonra 3.15. I am on the RUU that I flashed back in March or April, so I have not updated to the two most recent leaks. I am using RezRom S4 2.5, and so far have loved it, but it seems like it randomly reboots a lot, and the camera closes A LOT. What would I have to do to switch to Newt's Rom? I really want an S4 Rom, and have no interest in having Pokemon on my phone.

Shouldn't have to do anything extraordinary unless there are specific instructions from Newt on how to flash his ROM. Just flash the ROM and then the kernel, after a Nandroid backup of course.

As for your RezROM reboots, I'm on 2.5 as well and have only had 1 reboot and 1 freeze up requiring a battery pull. You may want to go to recovery and clear the cache and dalvik cache then go to "Advanced" and fix permissions. See if that helps your reboots.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't need to relock or anythign? I don't need to flash the new RUU?

Just flash the ROM, then use fastboot to install the boot.img?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't need to relock or anythign? I don't need to flash the new RUU?

Just flash the ROM, then use fastboot to install the boot.img?

What's your version #? If you flashed one of the ICS RUU's you'll be good to go. If not, you'll need the patch to use GB on an ICS ROM.

Apart from that, just flash the ROM and kernel. Again, read the ROM dev's initial post's for specific instructions.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't know what your missing with the p-man.....but

your goo if your on an ICS leak already. just do what Wanda said. The ROM will get you up to date if need be. I am not sure of what leak that is made of.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You don't know what your missing with the p-man.....but

your goo if your on an ICS leak already. just do what Wanda said. The ROM will get you up to date if need be. I am not sure of what leak that is made of.

Been a while since I tried the Pokeman ROM. Are the links fixed? Last version I tried they weren't doing anything. As in, on line if I tapped a phone number it didn't automatically put it in the dialer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Been running stock for a few months now and getting the itch to finally root. I've waiting mostly because my old DINC was rooted and although there were great ROM's out there (used Nils a lot), I got sick of freeze ups and battery pulls that happened too often.

Been reading some good stuff about Newts One XXX ROM and it seems to be one of the most stable Sense 4 ROM's that seems to be out there now, but i did read about some issues with black screens popping up need a battery pull.

I think i'm most interested in jumping on a Sense 4 ROM, rather than a 3.6 ROM, mostly because Beats will work with more music programs, and a few other updates it brings to the phone.

How stable is this ROM for those of you on it? Is it really reliable as a daily driver (I use my Rez for work a lot and on the road) and can't afford freeze ups, etc. Or should I wait for another release or 2 of it, or wait for the stupid ICS update to finally hit the Rez (can't believe it's taking so long) so the devs have more to work with for our phones?

Thanks for the feedback...

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am on an ICS leak...

Then your good to go. Download ROM and kernel and flash away. If there's no separate kernel download then it's packaged into the ROM and will probably take you to hboot for the install after you've flashed.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Been running stock for a few months now and getting the itch to finally root. I've waiting mostly because my old DINC was rooted and although there were great ROM's out there (used Nils a lot), I got sick of freeze ups and battery pulls that happened too often.

Been reading some good stuff about Newts One XXX ROM and it seems to be one of the most stable Sense 4 ROM's that seems to be out there now, but i did read about some issues with black screens popping up need a battery pull.

I think i'm most interested in jumping on a Sense 4 ROM, rather than a 3.6 ROM, mostly because Beats will work with more music programs, and a few other updates it brings to the phone.

How stable is this ROM for those of you on it? Is it really reliable as a daily driver (I use my Rez for work a lot and on the road) and can't afford freeze ups, etc. Or should I wait for another release or 2 of it, or wait for the stupid ICS update to finally hit the Rez (can't believe it's taking so long) so the devs have more to work with for our phones?

Thanks for the feedback...

Don't wait for Verizon to push ICS, your gonna be waiting a while. And forget sense 4. That's just not interested cards. Root that thing and start enjoying.

I can't speak for Newts ROM. I flashed one if the releases but sms was broken so I only ran it a few hours. It has since been fixed but I've been back on RezROM 2.5 ever since.

I can tell you RezROM is very stable. I've only had one freeze up and one random reboot but really, how many do you get just on Verizon's stock ROM? Probably one every now and then I'd guess.

Stability is crucial for me because I travel for a living and need a working phone. I have zero complaints with RezROM but do be warned, I don't think bluetooth works. Not a big deal to me cause I don't use it. I think the only working bluetooth sense 4 ROM is the Pokeman ROM.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't wait for Verizon to push ICS, your gonna be waiting a while. And forget sense 4. That's just not interested cards. Root that thing and start enjoying.

I can't speak for Newts ROM. I flashed one if the releases but sms was broken so I only ran it a few hours. It has since been fixed but I've been back on RezROM 2.5 ever since.

I can tell you RezROM is very stable. I've only had one freeze up and one random reboot but really, how many do you get just on Verizon's stock ROM? Probably one every now and then I'd guess.

Stability is crucial for me because I travel for a living and need a working phone. I have zero complaints with RezROM but do be warned, I don't think bluetooth works. Not a big deal to me cause I don't use it. I think the only working bluetooth sense 4 ROM is the Pokeman ROM.

Thanks for the feedback Wanda. That's another reason I've been waiting to root - stuff like Bluetooth not working, Beats not working, etc on some ROM's.

I just want a nice stable ICS ROM where it doesn't crash/freeze often, and major stuff i need works - SMS, Bluetooth (use in my car every day for calls (not music)), Beats (use my Rez as my primary music player in the car), etc.

Flashing can be a really pain re-setting up all your apps and settings, so I don't want to continually be flashing (not a serial flasher like some of us). Just find one I can sit on for a while as a daily driver without issues...

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback Wanda. That's another reason I've been waiting to root - stuff like Bluetooth not working, Beats not working, etc on some ROM's.

I just want a nice stable ICS ROM where it doesn't crash/freeze often, and major stuff i need works - SMS, Bluetooth (use in my car every day for calls (not music)), Beats (use my Rez as my primary music player in the car), etc.

Flashing can be a really pain re-setting up all your apps and settings, so I don't want to continually be flashing (not a serial flasher like some of us). Just find one I can sit on for a while as a daily driver without issues...

Bluetooth is only broken on Sense 4 ROM. All the Sense 3.6 ROM's are very smooth and very stable. I really enjoyed RezROM's Sense 3.6, Ineffabilis's sense 3.6 ROM is very nice as well and of course NilsP's Business GingerSense ROM's are very nice and very stable.

If smoothness and stability is what you're after (along with ICS) pick any of the 3.6 based ROM's and you'll be just fine.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Been a while since I tried the Pokeman ROM. Are the links fixed? Last version I tried they weren't doing anything. As in, on line if I tapped a phone number it didn't automatically put it in the dialer.

No he got held up with final and the constant rebases. A new version is supposed to be up by the end of the weekend (breath, do not hold) so wait for that one.

BT is supposed to be fixed and a whole host of other changes done. I will more than likely do a thread on it if it lives up to the hype..

EDIT: Since I am going to muck up my phone anyway, i might give RLS3 another try....

Last edited:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I have not had *knocks on wood* and problems will any roms stability wise with this phone on ics. Cleanrom has been incredibly amazing. Faster and smoother than anything else I have tried. And its completely working in every way.

The sense 4 roms are working as well will everything except bluetooth, and some are fixing that. I am going to move permanently to one of them soon, but cleanrom has just been so good I hate to give it up lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
RLS3 has all you want, but I'm not sure of the bluetooth. Newt put in other sound options that are not Beats, that I think sound better. I had one reboot in a week. I like S4 quite a bit, but I love stupid Nova launcher so much, that I'm back to a senseless rom. Don't see the point in having s4 if I'm gonna use a 3rd party launcher.

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the previous release before RLS3, (RC2??), and have virtually no issues with the ROM. Bluetooth works, although sometimes I have to switch my Jawbone on and off once or twice to force it to pair with the phone. Good battery life, smooth transitions. Only caveat is I couldn't resist reloading Nova Launcher, but Sense 4 still makes itself known, and I love it. Gonna flash the new release this weekend.