Soff RUU Question

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Aright i am finally taking the plunge into the final frontier tomorrow and going soff unless someone can convince me otherwise. My reasons being just to make things easier in flashing and because the .5 leak is the last one that i see as supported so it is now or never. I really like having the s-on safety net and really really don't like using a wire on my phone, but no guts no glory.

Anyway my question is do i have to flash an ruu in bootloader the same way with soff, or can i flash it in recovery? Also, is there anything i should absolutely avoid doing with soff, as in something obvious that i might not know about lol?

O and after i go soff, will nandroids save kernals too so i can hop from rom to rom without flashing them manualy?

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will make flashing easier....fro GB to ICS and the biggie is in reverse. if you ever have to. You cannot go backwards if you are not s-off

You can s-off the .12 leak fro y understanding. I havent done it yet because I a tired, but Sunday I will be.

make sure the wire is short when you do it. the longer the wire, the ore frustrating it will be

you can flash in recovery,,,so much easier then the PH BS

if you are just flashing roms, you should be fine....read the Devs OP entirely

All roms so far com with a kernel so I am not sure what you are referring to with the last question.

Are you talking about having to flash twice? if so then s-off will get rid of that

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will make flashing easier....fro GB to ICS and the biggie is in reverse. if you ever have to. You cannot go backwards if you are not s-off

You can s-off the .12 leak fro y understanding. I havent done it yet because I a tired, but Sunday I will be.

make sure the wire is short when you do it. the longer the wire, the ore frustrating it will be

you can flash in recovery,,,so much easier then the PH BS

if you are just flashing roms, you should be fine....read the Devs OP entirely

All roms so far com with a kernel so I am not sure what you are referring to with the last question.

Are you talking about having to flash twice? if so then s-off will get rid of that

He was talking about being able to flash a ROM or restore a backukp like a "normal" phone. And the answer is yes. S-Off'd phones can flash the kernel without PH98IMG.zip or manually flashing boot.img. So when you backup your ROM you can restore without having to reflash the kernel.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
He was talking about being able to flash a ROM or restore a backukp like a "normal" phone. And the answer is yes. S-Off'd phones can flash the kernel without PH98IMG.zip or manually flashing boot.img. So when you backup your ROM you can restore without having to reflash the kernel.

Lol normal phone

Thanks for the responses. I will hopefully be taking the plunge this afternoon or tonight

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Welp the deed is done. I am now a part of the dark side. Was scared like piss bit got threw it. It kept having problems connecting after I finally got the wire trick which only added to it, but I reboot to bootloader manually and it finished its thing luckily. Never want to do it again lol

But I was able to restore viper rom from a nandroid without flashing the kernel manually, so it took I suppose. I won't flash the new leak till Sunday probably because I am going to be away from home. Which now that I think about it I'm not sure I even need to sense I am on a custom rom and the firmware has not changed sense the .5 leak. Someone correct me if I am wrong about that

Sent from my ADR6425LVW