Need help getting back to bone stock

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So I got s-off with the htc bootloader unlock dev site. Flashed amonra 3.15. Tried to follow instructions to get back to stock, flashing the stock ics ota ruu, it doesn't work says no image found.I found out that it seems I need the stock hboot and or recovery. So where do I get these files and how do I flash them? Please someone help me. Thanks in advance.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I sent you a PM, hopefully it gets you moving in the right direction. I'll detail it here as well.

You need to flash the RUU in HBOOT, not in AmonRa. The bootloader also has to be locked otherwise it won't flash. Now I'm not 100% on s-off so I don't know if the altered bootloader will do the same. Hopefully someone with S-Off can chime in.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
When your s-off, you just stay locked, or your suppose to stay locked, so flashing ruu's and what not is easier, plus there is no benefit of being unlocked if your s-off.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
According to here [HOW TO]get back to s on from juopunutbear s-off - xda-developers I can't relock with a custom hboot. I starting the phone in fast boot it finds the .zip I named it right and it acts like its loading it then it says no image found. So some how I have to flash the stock hboot. The only thing else it could be is i installed the sense 4 boot image. You think if I flashed the stock boot image it would work? Just don't want to relock and brick my phone. When you guys say relock do you mean put s on back on the phone? I can flash custom Roms no problem. Thanks for trying to help. Any other advice would be nice.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
To re lock, its a fastboot command.... fastboot oem lock..... I'll have to get back to you on that command.

So that thread gets you s-on, after you have ran an ruu. its saying you have to have a stock hboot to write the secure flag (if you try, it will brick). You don't need a stock hboot to run the ruu. If it says no image found, its either named wrong or its on your internal memory. I know it looks like it loads something, but if it was, it would start the actual update.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the steps are.

Relock using fastboot command
Flash ruu with PH98IMG.zip file
Write secure flag to on with fastboot.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
To re lock, its a fastboot command.... fastboot oem lock..... I'll have to get back to you on that command.

So that thread gets you s-on, after you have ran an ruu. its saying you have to have a stock hboot to write the secure flag (if you try, it will brick). You don't need a stock hboot to run the ruu. If it says no image found, its either named wrong or its on your internal memory. I know it looks like it loads something, but if it was, it would start the actual update.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the steps are.

Relock using fastboot command
Flash ruu with PH98IMG.zip file
Write secure flag to on with fastboot.

What do you mean by relock? I thought the secure flag to on was relocking and that's what the problem was with me afraid that I was going to brick it. Please explain relocking in detail to me thanks.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
This is what my bootloader looks like
7805841730_2817be7b8e_z.jpg

My question is it says unlocked and tampered? So if I relock and flash the ruu does that replace it or what? I have heard people talk about relocking and having s-off so what does relocking mean? Sorry this is driving me crazy.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This is what my bootloader looks like Click to view quoted image

My question is it says unlocked and tampered? So if I relock and flash the ruu does that replace it or what? I have heard people talk about relocking and having s-off so what does relocking mean? Sorry this is driving me crazy.

Ok i think you are confused. You are not s off. You can see that in the pic you posted. The htcdev unlock just unlock the bootloader but not full s off.

The tampered just means you have a custom recovery.

To run an ruu just relock the bootloader and flash it in he bootloader as per the instructions. After you do this you will have to unlock again and reinstall recovery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Reactions: trigun123478

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
See that was my confusion came from Samsung phones. Htc really confused me with the s-off unlock boot loader thing. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech