Phone randomly shuts down after rooting

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you can help me out. I have been having issues since I rooted my phone last night.

My phone had been dropping signal and having issues since the OTA, so I was going to have to do a factory reboot, I figured if I had to start over I might as well go ahead and root. I also heard the new RUU had bug fixes that might help.

I followed Mr. Smith's guides to install the latest RUU and then rooted my phone. Most went smoothly except for installing the SuperSU and I had to flash the Zip that was linked in the comments of Mr Smith's guide.

I felt like I had finally succeeded and reached my goal and reset all of my apps ad settings. Installed titanium backup so my life will be easier if I decide to try ROMs when I get free time again.

Anyway twice today I have looked at my phone and it was completely off, I have never had this issue proir to flashing this RUU and rooting. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, you flashed the ruu, unlocked, flashed recovery, and the flashed root? What recovery are you using and which ruu. The latest with global the the number starts with a 4.?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
correct 4.03.605.2 which is the global.

I used the amon ra linked to in Mr. Smith's guide. It did not look to be the latest version, however I went with the version in the guide.

I have not had a random shut down since those first two (which were about 12 hours after me doing everything) so perhaps everything is fine now. I guess I'll get back to you if I have an issue again.

But if you happen to know of something I may have done wrong that could have caused this let me know. Pulling a phone with full battery but off out of my pocket is not something I want to make a habit of.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Your not on a custom rom, so I don't have any ideas. As long as you don't have any more problems I would just consider it a fluk

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Restoring data from apps via TiBu has been known to cause issues before, so I wouldn't do that. But sounds like you're all good now.

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I ran the RUU it booted up and then I did it again. Still good today so looks like it was just being stubborn day 1. I suspect the best choice if it stays an issue is back up (now that I can with titanium) and redo the RUU. Well hopefully I can go back to lurking on this forum and it will no longer be an issue. I'll be back if it happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair