ics sucks....back to gb but how

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
installed a custom rom of ics and it sucks. looks nice but way laggy compared to gb. on gb everything was absolutely instant, ran like a well oiled machine. anyway to get to ics I did the following

1. relocked phone
2. ran ruu for ics
3. relocked phone
4. put custom recovery back on
5. loaded custom rom

would I do the same for gb using a gb ruu or is there some other things I have to do first before going back to my custom gb rom.

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm no expert by any means here, but I think to go back to GB you have to be S-OFF. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

If you are, I believe you could flash a GB RUU.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert by any means here, but I think to go back to GB you have to be S-OFF. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

If you are, I believe you could flash a GB RUU.

This is correct....

Strange that you're having issues with ICS.... My experience is quite different... ICS has run super smooth and snappy.... But then, I am running the .2 RUU that hopefully will get pushed out OTA the first or second week of Sept.

Lego

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
First off is u new to android????? I ask that because just cause the ROM was laggy maybe that wasn't ics fault maybe u flashed a bad ROM in no way is GB better than ics

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
running neo max 2.0. gb everything is instant on scotts senselessrom. like lighting fast. ics has animations and fade outs and all that stuff that bogs your phone down.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why you would want to revert back to GB...but the simplified instructions are to first achieve S-OFF and then run a GB RUU. You'll be on stock GB.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah lol go to options developer options and turn all the animations either to .5 or off if u prefer and c how fast your phone is now c simple all because of ics

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

twoqts

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
i have an htc rezound and upgraded the software to ics from the verizon update. once downloaded and installed the ics it is worse than gb. my games play slow and rickity and the battery doesn't last like gb. i used to go 4-5 days without charging my phone now its once maybe twice a day. i used the default to go back to the factory settings but it wipes out everything and it says its still ics. i haven't locked my phone or anything like that. is there a way to go back to gb? do i have to flash my phone? where do i get gb? thanks

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
i have an htc rezound and upgraded the software to ics from the verizon update. once downloaded and installed the ics it is worse than gb. my games play slow and rickity and the battery doesn't last like gb. i used to go 4-5 days without charging my phone now its once maybe twice a day. i used the default to go back to the factory settings but it wipes out everything and it says its still ics. i haven't locked my phone or anything like that. is there a way to go back to gb? do i have to flash my phone? where do i get gb? thanks

So, first off, 4-5 days? Maybe sitting in your pocket, but I digress. If life is that terrible post GB, you will have to unlock, then s-off, then flash a gb ruu. If non of that makes sense, your gonna need to read up on it, or you will completely f-up your phone. Factory resets just wipe your phone clean to what ever your software is currently. You can't go back in firmware unless your s-off.

twoqts

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
it does set around, i don't use it much but with ics it sets around and depletes in less than a day. i'll try to unlock but what is s-off and where do i get the ruu from? also, i looked last night and cant find anywhere to get gb download

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
it does set around, i don't use it much but with ics it sets around and depletes in less than a day. i'll try to unlock but what is s-off and where do i get the ruu from? also, i looked last night and cant find anywhere to get gb download

Ok, so I know this is going to sound like I'm being kind of a horses' a$$, but if your serious about going back to GB, your going to have to do a LOT of reading. If I sit here and type out what you need to do, you'll f-up your phone, and then you'll be sad. If you search out and read what needs to be done, you'll be a lot better off. I'm just going to point you..... HTC Rezound - xda-developers

Everything you need is there, but your going to have to look for it. My suggestion is to come back here for questions about the processes, because they will kill you if you go over there and say "I need to go back to GB, and what is s-off". The search feature over there works very well, so don't be afraid of it. Also you'll be amazed at what you get from google'ing just about any question.

Remember, we all started knowing nothing, but we all had to learn it somehow. I do apologize for not being any more helpful, but I feel strongly about having to do some hard work on this, because not actually knowing what you're doing will get you into trouble, and or kill your phone beyond what you are able to fix.

Good luck.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Quick way, smash your phone with a hammer and claim insurance...get a new phone.

Long way, S-off, reload GB, un-S-Off

Median, Factory reset and learn to love ICS.... it's called progress ;-)

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Look at Mr. Smith's stickies and use the htcdev unlock tool to unlock your devise. Then go to xda.com and fin the soff how to thread. After that search xda and the find the gb ruu. Flash ruu and enjoy

Or claim insurance and the replacement will more than likely come with gb.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW