S-ON Question

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
okay folks so I'm currently S-On running the latest official ota .12 kernel and its radios while using Neo's excellent NeoMax 2.0
I want to stay s- on and upgrade to the latest .2 leaked global ota RUU posted on androidpolice. Do I simply relock with Neomax still installed, flash the .2 leak twice, unlock again and root/install amon-ra and then install global mod of my choice or am I forgetting something?

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
p.s. Sorry for being annoying but just noticed someone w a similar question in the ViperRom thread on xda and one part of the response confuses me:

If I'm on the ruu leak before it went to gsm and s-on what steps do I take to upgrade to the latest update... do I have to re lock and in luck bootloader then flash recovery etc etc??? I believe the zip I downloaded from android police is like 616 mb.. does that sound about right?

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app
famouscollin Today, 06:15 AM (Last edited by famouscollin; Today at 06:08 AM.) Reason: correction #2500
Thanks Meter 20

MORE INFO >
Quote:
Originally Posted by athack
If I'm on the ruu leak before it went to gsm and s-on what steps do I take to upgrade to the latest update... do I have to re lock and in luck bootloader then flash recovery etc etc??? I believe the zip I downloaded from android police is like 616 mb.. does that sound about right?

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app
yup sounds about right. flash stock recovery, lock bootloader, run full ruu. (.2), unlock, reflash amonRa or TWRP.. then your rom. if you have problems getting root. flash the superSU

What does athack mean bu "flash stock recovery" in this case? Is he just not being clear or is there a step missing in what we discussed above?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to flash the stock recovery, it's part of the RUU. If you wanted to go back to stock(from a purely rooted phone ) you could technically pull stock recovery from the RUU and flash it and relock your bootload and you'd be "stock" and rooted.

It's added confusion that I don't generally put out there. The steps above are still good. XDA just had a superfluous one of flashing stock recovery.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to flash the stock recovery, it's part of the RUU. If you wanted to go back to stock(from a purely rooted phone ) you could technically pull stock recovery from the RUU and flash it and relock your bootload and you'd be "stock" and rooted.

It's added confusion that I don't generally put out there. The steps above are still good. XDA just had a superfluous one of flashing stock recovery.

Thank you for clarifying that, kind Sir! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy