Phone unrooted iteself? Help!!!!

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone a few months ago to use a tethering app. It was working fine until the screen popped up to update to ICS. I didn't want to upgrade because I was worried about trying to root again (I was scared the first time). I have hit reject every time the screen's come up.

Today I noticed my Tethering app wasn't granted superuser access. I then clicked superuser and it said the binary was out of date but when i clicked upgrade it couldn't grant itself superuser access. I tried going through the Play store but I still can't get it to work.

What can I do? Should I at this point accept the Verizon update and then try to root again? Is there an easier way to upgrade and get the superuser features back?

I'm not literate in coding, but I am very good at following step by step instructions. My IT friend is currently on the other side of the state and is just laughing at me over the phone claiming he's never heard of this problem before. And he has degrees in CS.

avs1121

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea. Relock bootloader before you update. And ICS won't work with superuser so use superSU. I will try to find the thread I used. Has good step by step. This was my first time rooting just before ICS update. Pretty darn easy. Thread has bootloader lock/unlocking, roooting, and roming all together.

Bubba's Rezound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy