Go NilsP or go home.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, not really, but for sure, his Sense 4 rom.... man is it polished. Not the crazy customizations that Venom has, but has Venom crushed in the "finished" dept. He mods a few things like the the battery and wifi indicators, but you won't know what happened to your phone after you flash it. I mean, it even applies a nice film of butter all the time to make the screen slide smoother under my fingers... it's that good.

He does have some tweaks, don't get me wrong, but he has the Cadillac of roms here.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, not really, but for sure, his Sense 4 rom.... man is it polished. Not the crazy customizations that Venom has, but has Venom crushed in the "finished" dept. He mods a few things like the the battery and wifi indicators, but you won't know what happened to your phone after you flash it. I mean, it even applies a nice film of butter all the time to make the screen slide smoother under my fingers... it's that good.

He does have some tweaks, don't get me wrong, but he has the Cadillac of roms here.

Been a big fan and user of Nils' work since the Business Gingersense days on the Inc. Great dev and really solid ROM's with excellent dev support! Haven't been on anything but the Venom ROM since August...time to get off my a$$ and get a flashing again....downloading now!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Also which Nils as I don't think all Roms are created equal.. Have you all noticed a slew of new Roms and Devs? I just wish a few of them would consolidate and just make 3-4 super roms... I mean Neo has like 10 roms now... he hasn't updated half of them in a while. Joelz has like 1 but his time has been greatly affected by school so Venom has suffered. Newt now has a Sense 4.5 rom out even... to many roms not enough time!

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No, its just that smooth, feels like screen is getting oiled!

Dammit..that's one of the few roms I haven't tried yet..now you're gonna make me give it a whirl..I was on Nils' Sense 3.6 rom for the longest time and loved it. He's an awesome dev for sure. Though I finally put Neo's Rage 1.3 on my device last night..this stuff is smooth and even though the rom hasn't had time to settle I'm getting pretty epic battery life. He just released 1.4 already tho so now will have to stare at the AmonRa menu again for a few min hehe

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to get the miui bar to work. Actually I can't get any of the status bar tweaks to work
Thanks

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to get the miui bar to work. Actually I can't get any of the status bar tweaks to work
Thanks

Hmmm. I don't think I did anything special to get it to work. Just set it up in the tweaks menu then it asked me if I wanted to reboot the status bar and I said "yes" and they worked. Have you done a total system reboot since you assigned the various tweaks?

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
where do you do these tweaks?....
Answer?>>>In Aroma Installer?..is it this note?
Code:
NOTE: If you choose not to install an app or mod at initial installation you can always go back and install it without reinstalling the ROM. 
However, if you included it and want to remove it you must flash the ROM and not select the option you don't want.

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I don't think I did anything special to get it to work. Just set it up in the tweaks menu then it asked me if I wanted to reboot the status bar and I said "yes" and they worked. Have you done a total system reboot since you assigned the various tweaks?
Yes I did a reboot but it did not ask me. When I flashed the rom, I skipped the setup. I wonder if there was something in there that I should have done or missed. I can select the bar and change the color but it will not apply. By the way how did you like this compared to venom

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
where do you do these tweaks?....
Answer?>>>In Aroma Installer?..is it this note?
Code:
NOTE: If you choose not to install an app or mod at initial installation you can always go back and install it without reinstalling the ROM. 
However, if you included it and want to remove it you must flash the ROM and not select the option you don't want.

You will see a sense tweaks icon after you install the rom

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so been on the this ROM for a few days.

Overall it is extremely stable and the ui is smoother than venom. I keep having random bugs though. For instance my message notifications on lock screen will disappear without me doing anything as soon as I wake the phone. It is annoying the heck out of me.

I don't know if I will try a re flash or if I will jump to CM9 or back to venom...

I really like the CM9 roms, but I find myself wanting to replace every part of it except the launcher. The stock messaging app is horrible lol. If anyone recommends a replacement messaging app let me know.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks
Ok after reading on the other site I got it figured it out. Had to go back to v2.6 and use "no tabs" when setting up phone. I don't think this option was available in v2.8. I really wanted venom to work out on my phone but this rom works better. I can't believe how much NilsP responds to everyone on this great rom to make it even better.
Thanks Twolastnames for pointing out this great rom

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
noticed something on this sence 4 rom ..the "add a home panel" screen (which you get to by double pushing the home button) when you try to select a panel sometimes it doesnt responed to well on my device.

Last edited:

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've flashed and reflashed the ROM and don't have the sense tweaks icon. Thoughts?

Its not in the app drawer, just in case that is where your looking for it. Pull down the notification window, then go to the toggles tab. Should see a business tweaks option on top. In there is where the sense tweaks, plus a few more tweaks are at.

If you knew this already, i apologize in advance, could be a bad download? Maybe something in the aroma installer your not installing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae