Failed S-Off - Any ideas?

farkinbastage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
After attempting to S-Off the phone yesterday afternoon and failing (it is unlocked), I'm now stuck at the infamous JPbear screen with the green arrow. I've read pretty much every post I can find on recovering from it and still cannot get the phone to boot correctly.

I flashed the boot img for the rom I was running, I created my own PH98 file with the boot image and AmonRa, I've tried to flash a complete rooted Global stock rom, as well as attempting a full flash of the rom I was running. The PH files seem to process correctly but when done I get a message saying it is parsing the file but nothing happens afterwards. On reboot I get the white HTC screen then straight to the black JPBear screen. The phone also does not recognize that it is plugged into my laptop or a wall charger, there are no LED's lit. Without the USB I cannot relock the phone so I cannot flash back to a stock RUU. Fastboot\Min-ADB\Controlbear all fail as the phone is not recognized.

Are there any other things I can try before I give up. I'm not sure if the S-Off attempt may have damaged the USB or not but it definitely does not respond. I do have the extended warranty on the phone but returning it would be a last resort.

I apologize for asking the same questions as many others but I have not been able to find an answer despite searching for most of the night.

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
An update to this question would be nice. Although I understand what you are doing to try to fix it, I have no knowledge on how to help you. I just got a brand new rezound shipped with ICS and I want to S Off.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
An answer would be found somewhere deep in xda. This almost happened to me, but I finally got it to work. Running an ruu might be it, but I will have to look and see

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
it dont sound like the. zips went thru, after u did the wire trick and it acknowledged that it took, it should of taking u to your recovery screen, from there go back in bootloader, and wait for all the files to download...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois