Magical ViperRez Bootloop problems >:/

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys, I was wondering if I could get some help here.

I'm running ViperRez and it's been great for the past couple months. But this morning, I tried to connect to a wifi network, and all of a sudden the wifi toggle started oscillating off and on for a few seconds. The screen turned off, and when I held down the power button, the phone went into a bootloop. I've done four battery pulls, as well as a sim card and sd card pull. Basically gutted the phone any way I could. The good news is that I can still boot into recovery.

I'm out and about right now but I've got my tablet. If there is a mobile solution to my problem, that would be be dandy. Otherwise, maybe I can be steered in the direction of some new ROM's when I get home.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The magical Bootloop... Yeah to my knowledge your phone is hosed.... I haven't not heard anyone able to get out of this minus a rom install.. So with that said it's hard to know what Rom you should go to without some information... What version of the firmware are you running.. obviously this might be harder to answer then you'd like...

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I was running the 605.5 firmware leak prior to unlocking, rooting, and installing ViperRez. As far as ROMs, i'm looking for a good smooth daily driver. I'm not picky apart from that. Thanks for the reply btw.

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been running viperrez for a while as well. I haven't had any issues besides the horrible battery life. Anyways, there are several other roms that are pretty great "daily drivers". Newts Sense4 is good. Ecliptic rez looks good although I haven't gotten around to trying it. As far as your problem goes, as long as you can get to recovery you should be fine. Did you try wiping caches?

My phone has a viper inside of it

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, i'll have to move to one of those if I get things sorted out. So far, i've been into recovery and done a factory reset, wiped cache/Dalvik cache/system, and re-flashed ViperRez. I got halfway through the setup before I got thrown into another bootloop :( Right now I am re-locked and I'm going to try flashing the 605.12 RUU. From what I read here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/rezound-rooting-roms-hacks/216546-stuck-white-htc-loader.html
I should be okay. Then I'll just need to start from square one again. Not the end of the world.
Another question I have is that if the ROM's instructions don't say that I can't flash it over another 3rd party ROM, am I safe to assume that I can do so?

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
You can. Just make sure that you remove the file named ph98img.zip before you flash another rom. Get into the habit of deleting that file as soon as you flash a new rom.

My phone has a viper inside of it

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded and flashed Newts XxX ROM per the instructions, and I'm still stuck in a bootloop. I wiped everything I could. Tried relocking and applying the latest RUU as well, no dice :/ If anyone has other suggestions, code I should paste, or anything else that they think might help, it would be greatly appreciated. I've done all the reading I can and i'm lost for a solution. I may just have to take my chances with Verizon since i am insured.

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought I did. Over on "the other site" on Newts One XxX thread, there are separate downloads. One is for the ROM and the other is for the kernel. I downloaded the ROM and the S ON kernel. I extracted boot.img from the kernel download and flashed it through fastboot. I interpolated that, because the instructions seemed a little disjointed when it came to the kernel. I have a feeling that wasn't right.

Good news is that I got my stock nandroid to boot after two restores. However, the wifi and bluetooth don't function anymore.They attempt to turn on and then just read "error". The screen is also flashing blue rather frequently. So I unrooted and cleaned up the files to the point where I could take it to the Verizon store. My replacement is on the way tomorrow morning :)

Now i'm just nervous about jumping off the deep end again! What would you guys say is the best way to get over the anxiety after making your first mistake at rooting? I realize that's subjective but I feel that even with all the reading i've done, i've barely gained any knowledge :/

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Now i'm just nervous about jumping off the deep end again! What would you guys say is the best way to get over the anxiety after making your first mistake at rooting? I realize that's subjective but I feel that even with all the reading i've done, i've barely gained any knowledge :/

The best way to get over that is to just do it again... Just make sure that you have the ruu handy and I would not flash the kernal right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt