JUST ROOTED! Now what?

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted my phone...and I love being able to use the WiFi tether! A few questions:

1) Which of the bloatware should I remove and will it noticeably improve the performance of my phone?

2) How do I get rid of the WiFi notifications that always pop up and tell me there's WiFi nearby?

3) How do I get Sense 4.0 on this phone and what are the advantages/disadvantages of it?

Please keep in mind that I am an extreme noob and it was pretty incredible that I was actually able to root. In fact, I had to get help from a friend on it!

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I been waiting on some answers along with you, I unlocked and rooted mine last night, enjoy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just rooted my phone...and I love being able to use the WiFi tether! A few questions:

1) Which of the bloatware should I remove and will it noticeably improve the performance of my phone?

2) How do I get rid of the WiFi notifications that always pop up and tell me there's WiFi nearby?

3) How do I get Sense 4.0 on this phone and what are the advantages/disadvantages of it?

Please keep in mind that I am an extreme noob and it was pretty incredible that I was actually able to root. In fact, I had to get help from a friend on it!

Well it all depends on what you call bloat. Some people consider Facebook to be bloat. When in doubt, leave it alone. Better yet, make a nandroid backup before you start deleting stuff.

I usually delete the stuff I know I will never use, Teeter, Peep (or anything to do with "tweeting") any other crap game or verizon related app that is there that I don't want, like NFL mobile.

To get rid of the wifi mobile notification I think you'll have to flash a custom ROM that has it removed....or you could try this but I think it would only work if you're running the ViperREZ ROM (which I highly recommend)

[MOD] ViperRez No wifi off icon in status bar UPDATED 7/22/12 - xda-developers

To get Sense 4.0 on your phone you'll have to flash a custom ROM that is based on Sense 4.0. Advantages of it are its much better, smooth (now the kinks were worked out a while ago) and better looking in my opinion. Disadvantages, its only 4.0 when there is now 4.0+, 4.1, and 4.5....none of which we'll ever see on our poor bastard child rezound unless a developer gets a ROM running based on it.

As you're an "extreme noob" I'd suggest looking over some custom ROM's and the process to flash one. And if I didn't mention it, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP, and know how to restore it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy