Unlocking & rooting Rezound in 2015

teamost

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So I have a Rezound that is stock but I want to unlock/root it finally. Are the guides here still the best/easiest way to go (most were initiated back in 2012). I've read about the topic quite a bit but never undertaken it before (quasi-noob). Also, any advice on most up-to-date or best ROMs in 2015? LiquidSmooth, CyanogenMod, Venasaur, Infection, Beanstalk, etc etc. I'd like to end up with either GSM or GSM/CDMA. A little overwhelmed with almost too much info, but much of it a couple years old. Thanks in advance.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The guides are fairly accurate... Although the specific files need to be substituted with current versions of TWRP and SuperSU, you still have to unlock via HTCdev.com.

Honestly, if you want to GSM, I would sell the Rezound and buy a decent GSM phone.

teamost

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Ace, I used a tool, WinDroid Universal Toolkit 2.1, and got the Rezound unlocked, rooted, and it installs latest TWRP recovery. But when I use the tool to sideload a ROM, I get an error about no sulinux support. If I understand the research I did, since my phone had ICS and not a newer android, I needed an older version of TWRP that has sulinux support in order to sideload ROMs. Or I suppose I could try to flash the ROM with another method. Any ideas of easiest way out of this problem? Or can I install CWM instead of or in addition to the TWRP and use CWM for the ROM flash? Thanks.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlocking & rooting Rezound in 2015

Ace, I used a tool, WinDroid Universal Toolkit 2.1, and got the Rezound unlocked, rooted, and it installs latest TWRP recovery. But when I use the tool to sideload a ROM, I get an error about no sulinux support. If I understand the research I did, since my phone had ICS and not a newer android, I needed an older version of TWRP that has sulinux support in order to sideload ROMs. Or I suppose I could try to flash the ROM with another method. Any ideas of easiest way out of this problem? Or can I install CWM instead of or in addition to the TWRP and use CWM for the ROM flash? Thanks.
Sideload?!?!? Why???? That is really only a last resort for devices with no removable memory card.... Just copy your ROM and Gapp zips to a microSD card and flash from there.

To be a little more helpful, SELinux most likely isn't your issue... At TWRP 2.8.2.0(?) the devs changed the way TWRP uses ADB, so you have to have a very new release of ADB for it to work. Download the full development kit from Google and run the updater so you have the latest ADB binary.

Last edited: