Galaxy stuck in "ODIN MODE"

cpopp

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I plugged my phone into my mac yesterday and Kies began to update the new firmware from my rogers LTE Galaxy S2. Kies unexpectedly closed halfway through the download and my phone with to a screen which says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I tried this, but without success. I also talked to rogers and Samsung reps whose only solution was the factory reset which also did not work, otherwise, they said my phone was probably toast.

If anyone has come across this issue and solved it, please let me know.

Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I plugged my phone into my mac yesterday and Kies began to update the new firmware from my rogers LTE Galaxy S2. Kies unexpectedly closed halfway through the download and my phone with to a screen which says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I tried this, but without success. I also talked to rogers and Samsung reps whose only solution was the factory reset which also did not work, otherwise, they said my phone was probably toast.

If anyone has come across this issue and solved it, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hey cpopp,
so you are still in download mode? Can you boot up normally or into recovery?

Posted via Android Central App

cpopp

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
yes, If I'm not mistaken this is the download mode. I cannot get out of this screen though, I can only shut it down by removing the battery and after doing so this screen comes back. Holding down the volume + power buttons are also unsuccessful.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
yes, If I'm not mistaken this is the download mode. I cannot get out of this screen though, I can only shut it down by removing the battery and after doing so this screen comes back. Holding down the volume + power buttons are also unsuccessful.

Try taking out the battery and leaving it out for a bit, maybe then it'll stay off when you put it back in and you can try booting up normally

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay, just to be sure, by normally do you mean just power button or by holding both volume and power?

Just power button. You can also try booting into recovery by holding power, home and volume up

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
In download mode, hit volume up. Then connect your phone to your PC and flash a stock firmware (Can be obtained via SamMobile.com, make sure it's your exact model number) using Odin.

cpopp

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
The site doesn't seem to have my model, which is Rogers LTE, if you have anything else on how to flash this firmware please let me know.

cpopp

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
hey,

I downloaded firmware from an xda forum that is meant for odin not heimdall. Now I am endlessly searching for basic instructions on how to use it. The next video up is meant for unrooting an s3 and I don't know if i should take the risk of screwing this up. If there is anything more that can be passed along that would be great, thanks.

dhan shrestha

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
i am stuck in downloading mode can not do normal boot. odin does not recognise neither pc does. can not put into recovery mode. any solution galaxy grand prime samsung. help please:'(

Ccrh123

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
hi but i am using Samsung Galaxy A5 which u cant remove the battery and buttons don't work so am i like done for? or is there a solution. Please there has to be a solution.