06-16-2017 08:31 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    I know it's an old post, Kevin..........and yes, we get that you replaced your charging port and ribbon..........but, to what do you attribute the "intermittent" aspect of this problem?

As most of us have stated, the problem seems to come and go. Even within hours or even minutes, the charge cycle will resume functioning......in many cases even without removing/replacing the charge cord........but simply cycling the power button on the phone.

This doesn't sound like a "mechanical" or even an "electrical" problem.

In MY experience, pulling the battery out for a few minutes, then reinstalling, THEN hitting power again will often get things working. Again, that doesn't sound like a hardware problem.

Also, I notice on the RavPower website (a huge, aftermarket supplier of replacement Galaxy batteries) that they even point out that a fully discharged battery will often take "a few minutes" to begin charging. http://www.ravpower.com/media/amazon...0KNJJPSG-6.jpg

Maybe most of us just have a case of IMPATIENCE???
    Just sayin. (By the way, I have an S3.......but, "same same" as the Asians would say.)
    08-18-2016 12:01 PM
    I had the same issue with my s5 after it goes submerge, lol. I just clean the contact of the battery with eraser and it went back to normal...thanks god
    11-03-2016 05:55 PM
    >> I inserted the charger for a few seconds, removed it for a few seconds, and did this over and over again, perhaps 10 or 15 times. Eventually the green bar showed up and I gently placed the phone down and walked away from it for awhile. Then I held the power button and it booted up fully and was once again running and charging!

This works! It's the only suggestion that worked in my case (Note 4, grey battery, vibrating every 5 seconds) after browsing more than 50 pages and getting 40 of them with "change USB" suggestion.
    02-24-2017 05:40 PM
    I also tried the removing the charge a few seconds, then inserting it back in.. about 10-15 times (this is after i tried to vaccuum suggestion, as well as remove battery and reinsert, and the daydream). And wal lah! my grey battery turned green and started charging! i still don't quite fuly understand why that would fix this charging issue, but i really don't care! just wanted to say this suggestion worked to fix this (grey battery when charging, disappear, then vibrate.. then repeat..)
    03-27-2017 10:28 PM
    I Just did the smack method and that worked just perfect . I was looking for awhile for an answer t this . check out
    06-16-2017 08:31 AM
80 ... 234