Samsung Galaxy S4 Rogers can't install ROMs

flipboi15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Phone Info
root : yes
Recovery: CWM
Model Number: GT-I9505G

Hi guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Rogers Canadian version that came with TouchWiz out of the box. When I heard that 4.3 Jellybean was out, I immediately tried looking for a guide to flash my S4. In the end, I flashed it, everything seems to be working, but I am not sure If i flashed it the right away. This isn't my main problem, just summarizing what i have done to my phone incase it might help.

So my problem is, I can't flash my phone with CyanogenMod 10.2. I went into recovery mode with CWM and I erased Data, cache and delvik cache. Install from external SD zip --> clicked the CM 10.2 Nightly file and it installs. Rebooted phone and it wouldn't boot up, samsung logo would show up but it would just turn off right after. After that i went into recovery mode and deleted the delvik cache and rebooted and to no avail, same thing happened.

So in my head, i was thinking that maybe its not working because i flashed the stock 4.3 wrong. So i downloaded a stock 4.2.2 Rogers Canadian Rom and tried doing the same procedure to install that, but this time i got an error saying (might not be the exact error, just thinking from the top of my head) " E: can't open /external_sd (bad)" I had researched this error and people were telling me it was from a corrupted file, so I downloaded another one. This time it didn't say anything, just said "Aborted (sorry somewhere along those lines i completely forgot)"

Please, please help me. I am so frustrated and confused.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone Info
root : yes
Recovery: CWM
Model Number: GT-I9505G

Hi guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Rogers Canadian version that came with TouchWiz out of the box. When I heard that 4.3 Jellybean was out, I immediately tried looking for a guide to flash my S4. In the end, I flashed it, everything seems to be working, but I am not sure If i flashed it the right away. This isn't my main problem, just summarizing what i have done to my phone incase it might help.

So my problem is, I can't flash my phone with CyanogenMod 10.2. I went into recovery mode with CWM and I erased Data, cache and delvik cache. Install from external SD zip --> clicked the CM 10.2 Nightly file and it installs. Rebooted phone and it wouldn't boot up, samsung logo would show up but it would just turn off right after. After that i went into recovery mode and deleted the delvik cache and rebooted and to no avail, same thing happened.

So in my head, i was thinking that maybe its not working because i flashed the stock 4.3 wrong. So i downloaded a stock 4.2.2 Rogers Canadian Rom and tried doing the same procedure to install that, but this time i got an error saying (might not be the exact error, just thinking from the top of my head) " E: can't open /external_sd (bad)" I had researched this error and people were telling me it was from a corrupted file, so I downloaded another one. This time it didn't say anything, just said "Aborted (sorry somewhere along those lines i completely forgot)"

Please, please help me. I am so frustrated and confused.

Welcome to the forums!
You may have to reflash your stock ROM via ODIN. Since you can get into recovery that is a good thing.
Go to Samsung updates .com and look for your exact model number. Download the correct region and use ODIN to flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith