How do I turn off "Sent" email notifications Samsung Galaxy S4

Patrick Beihse

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
When I send email using the native email app, I get a notification (audio, flashing light and vibration) that my email has been sent... how do I turn this off without turning off incoming email notifications?

I send many emails for work, and this notification is driving me crazy! Not sure why the phone would notify me when the email was sent, it already lets me know if it was unable to send the email.

Please help before I throw my phone at a wall :)

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The notification cannot be turned off...but it shouldn't be triggering an 'actual' notification.

The app will let you know the e-mail has been sent but it should only appear on the notification bar as a quick, passing-by notification. If you have your phone off or something, the light, sound, and vibration should NOT go off. Are you using any kind of notification-altering apps like LightFlow?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use LightFlow just try to find the process it's triggering. I'm guessing it has to do with the E-Mail app, but you never know. Try disabling the app first (or turning it off if it has a switch) before you uninstall, just to make sure that IS what's triggering it.