Process com.android.systemui has stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeminiLisa

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
OMG. I tried all the solutions I could find and yours was the one that worked! Thank you. Thank goodness I didn't go uninstalling ALL my apps. I figured it must be some app which does it's automatic update. I wish they would get permission first before updating itself.

Bhushi00

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's the latest app upgrade you have done which causes the problem, no need to cache erase etc...

In my case its the Google+, Google application update I did which causes the issue, I uninstalled it and its resolved..

aaronsulli

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello, recently had this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. It seems that Google's latest update was causing the difficulty. Go into play store > google > uninstall and it should remove it's latest update. I found that this sorted the problem and the message no longer appeared. It must be a fault with Google's software. Hopefully this works for you too.

Wow. That worked! Don't know how you figured that out but thanks a lot. Un installed it and no problem. Reinstalled and the error message reappeared. Un installed it again and perfect. Thanks again.

spcc142

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello, recently had this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. It seems that Google's latest update was causing the difficulty. Go into play store > google > uninstall and it should remove it's latest update. I found that this sorted the problem and the message no longer appeared. It must be a fault with Google's software. Hopefully this works for you too.

Thank you so much! I did the same. ...Uninstalled latest Google update and "viola" no more error. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

grommetik

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Every Samsung Galaxy S4 Android phone on my family's account started getting this error about the same time. I called Google support and they said to go to Google Play Store, search for "Google" and click to open the Google app page. Once opened, click the "Uninstall" button. A dialog opens and asks if you want to uninstall all updates. Click "Ok". The app page returns and starts to uninstall updates. When it's done, the button says, "Update". DO NOT CLICK THIS BUTTON.

The error went away on all phones when they did this and the task manager now works.

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Great it worked fine. But, then Google Play down loaded it back on my phone within a few seconds.....So, I went to the settings on Goggle Play and disabled automatic updates. I then uninstalled Google again and so far so good! Thanks!!! ;)

Boltman01

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Yea it was the Google app causing the 'com.android.systemui' error.

plutobear

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
My problem started yesterday, January 21, 2017...."Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemmui has stopped. Clearing the cache partition did not help. I found the problem: an update of Google App...both on my Galaxy S3 and my Tablet 2 10.1. I went into Application Manager on both devices and removed the update...which deleted the Google App and went back to the factory setting. Walla...problem solved. By coincidence, this solved another issue I had on my cellphone for months. When I would do a Google search, I lost the sound. That issue has been resolved. The Google App is junk...get rid of it!

Yes, the problem is indeed the latest Google App update. Get rid of it...uninstall the update. Beginning yesterday I had the problem both on my S3 and Tablet 2 10. For months, I lost the sound on my cellphone when I did a Google search. The sound is back now as my phone has reverted back to the factory Google Search settings.

kendadj

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Brilliant - fixed if for me !

Thanks a bunch Google :(

Great it worked fine. But, then Google Play down loaded it back on my phone within a few seconds.....So, I went to the settings on Goggle Play and disabled automatic updates. I then uninstalled Google again and so far so good! Thanks!!! ;)

Good further tip - thanks :)

mel_sheard

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm so glad it helped! It seems to just be affecting Android phones and tablets. If you further stop any Google updates, if it reinstalls you should be safe from the message coming back up. Any further problems please let me know. Now for the bigger task- telling google about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney