Note 2 mukti window update?

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea when rogers will be releasing the update that brings multi window feature?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a couple of On-line chats with Rogers and Samsung. looks like Samsung is responsible for releasing the update not Rogers.

[10:28 PM] Max Hello and thank you for choosing Rogers Wireless Live Chat technical support. My name is Max. How may I assist you with your technical issue today?
[10:28 PM] Michael hi
[10:29 PM] Max Hello
how may I Help you today
[10:29 PM] Michael i recently purchased a Samsung galaxy note 2. I was wondering when rogers is going to be releasing a software update to enable user to tak advantage of the multi window function
[10:30 PM] Max Rogers does not provide support for this particular issue (software updates) on your device. You may contact the manufacture directly
Please contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)

[10:30 PM] Michael they asked me to contact rogers
[10:30 PM] Michael they advised the update has been released to rogers
[10:31 PM] Max I'm sorry for the inconvenience and i'm sorry if you were misinformed by samsung but at this time all software updates are dealt by samsung
[10:32 PM] ok ill try again

(A Live Chat agent will be with you soon.)
A Live Chat agent will be available soon. You are currently in position 1 Thank you for waiting. If your inquiry is for a purchased product, please have your product details, including serial number and date of purchase ready.
Welcome to Samsung Live Chat. How can I help you?
Sandy S :
Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. How may I help you?
michael :
wondering when i will be getting an update to my Note 2 to give me the multi window function. i contacted my carrier rogers wireless and they advised to contact samsung
Sandy S :
May I know the model number of the phone?
michael :
SGH-i317M
Sandy S :
Thank you for the details.
michael :
np
Sandy S :
At the moment the Multi-Window feature isn't available on the Canadian version of the GALAXY Note II. It will be available in an over-the-air update soon. We'll be sure to make an announcement when it becomes available.
Sandy S :
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Sandy S :
We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
michael :
is this going to be released by rogers or samsung/?
Sandy S :
Samsung will release updates.

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just root your phone like I did. I was also sick of waiting so I rooted it and installed jedi x rom. Gives you everything you need. Go to galaxynote2root.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums