Pixel 5 XL?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Not much kept me away from the P4XL. I'd love to see a bigger battery (but not betting on it since that's never been a priority for them). If they go with glass backs again, I'd love for the black option to be frosted or matte. I hope to God that they don't use that U-shaped camera module we've seen leaked, as it looks terrible in my opinion. I was ok with the square module on the 4.
Other than that, they can keep the Soli module, I'd be open to it, but perhaps a in-display FPS, too? And at least maintain 90Hz.

We shall see.

It could be great to have a frosted or matte look to the Pixel 5 line! I'd love that. And if they could implement an an in-display fingerprint sensor, so much the better!

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
It could be great to have a frosted or matte look to the Pixel 5 line! I'd love that. And if they could implement an an in-display fingerprint sensor, so much the better!

While I'd love to see it, I'd be really surprised if they did the in display fps. Just because it would seem like a walk back from Soli, and Google doesn't seem to be the type to walk back from a commitment.

I'd love to be wrong tho

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
While I'd love to see it, I'd be really surprised if they did the in display fps. Just because it would seem like a walk back from Soli, and Google doesn't seem to be the type to walk back from a commitment.

I'd love to be wrong tho

You do have a point. I guess I could live with Soli if I had to... I just really love and rely on the security of fingerprint sensors of some kind.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Never been a a fan of the Pixel.

I think it's because they focus on the camera so much they forgot about the phone. Google also have this cocky attitude that our camera is so amazing we can charge flagship prices without putting too much effort to the rest of the phone.

I don't blame them, just look at the replies here.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never been a a fan of the Pixel.

I think it's because they focus on the camera so much they forgot about the phone. Google also have this cocky attitude that our camera is so amazing we can charge flagship prices without putting too much effort to the rest of the phone.

I don't blame them, just look at the replies here.

They don't even put a lot of effort into the camera except for a lot of A.I. Not even a wide angle camera and their video is mediocre with horrific audio.

frankf10

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
played around with the iphone x (i know its from 2017) I am liking it, but just can't not look at my pixel 1 and be like "i love that phone"

for some reason i am liking the X's screen (maybe bc it is bigger). The lack of app drawer is not bothering me as much as I thought it would...however, using google assistant app is not the same as integrated google assistant. Also, I would lose my android auto in my car.

Anyway, is the pixel 5 looking to be like pixel 1 or nexus 5? sub $700

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much agree with all these points, but I think 3700mAh on the 4 XL was respectable enough, at least if using on 60Hz.

Maybe a more symmetrical top to bottom bezel next time around?

Very awkward to have that huge forehead and no chin.

Yep flossy pointed out how ugly the forehead looked, especially when paired with a case. Also there always seems to be that one design flaw with the pixels. Green tint, ugliest notch ever, huge forehead.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I saw an article that said cases are popping up online that show a hole for a fingerprint sensor in the back. I know that doesn't appeal to many people but I'm rocking my 2XL and using fingerprint unlock has been so quick and efficient.
Just a rumour though. I may actually buy the 5XL at launch, amortizing the cost over 3 years.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
So I've been thinking about the possible delay of the Pixel 5. I'm wondering if it is delayed into 2021 whether Google will extend updates and support for the Pixel 2, given that the upgrade cycle would be extended. I would frankly be OK with that as my 2XL is running great.
The 4a can't come out fast enough though for my wife and daughter, both of whom are rocking a KeyOne with failing batteries. Those KeyOnes have been absolute workhorses for them though.