Galaxy S21 may get S Pen as Samsung said to ditch Galaxy Note series?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Except that there are those that want a flagship without the Spen or a fold.
For the prices of the Fold and Note series, the most adaptable device to use and buy out of the 2 would be the Note, and you have to option to use or not use the SPen out of the box. As opposed to people not being given the option of the S Pen at all between the S line and Fold lines. I would still do away with the S line. Or, drop it in price and specs and keep the Note and Fold series devices as their Flagships.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For the prices of the Fold and Note series, the most adaptable device to use and buy out of the 2 would be the Note, and you have to option to use or not use the SPen out of the box. As opposed to people not being given the option of the S Pen at all between the S line and Fold lines. I would still do away with the S line. Or, drop it in price and specs and keep the Note and Fold series devices as their Flagships.
Consumers that have no interest in the Spen don't want to pay for it.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
They not selling cars anymore , mustang only one going forward, think Gm and others following this .
I have a Brother in Law that works for GM. The profit margins for trucks and SUVs are insane. Trucks a by far and away the most profitable vehicles for Ford and GM.

I am sure the same is true for Samsung, they probably sell the most mid range phones, but I bet the Ultras are easily the most profitable.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
They never went away. My S4 tablet is a great note tablet. Samsung just released a new Note tablet with the release of the Note 20.

ther is a diffence in the s-pen storage that makes the difference from a real note tablet and the tab. and that was one of the things I liked about having the real thing.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Consumers that have no interest in the Spen don't want to pay for it.

Considering the Note came in under what the launch price of the S line was, they're not paying for it, lol.

I will say that IF the Fold ever gets a SPen and is not any more expensive than a Note, I would consider it, especially after some of the improvements that I saw with the ZF2 over the OG Fold. But I highly doubt that would happen considering all the things that Samsung is taking away/out of the box, while still jacking up the price.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Considering the Note came in under what the launch price of the S line was, they're not paying for it, lol.

I will say that IF the Fold ever gets a SPen and is not any more expensive than a Note, I would consider it, especially after some of the improvements that I saw with the ZF2 over the OG Fold. But I highly doubt that would happen considering all the things that Samsung is taking away/out of the box, while still jacking up the price.

The lower launch price of the Note was a decsion that was made irrespective of inclusion or exclusion of the Spen. Probably because of poor sales figures. The Note also lost storage size and is a smaller battery. Also many prefer the S series because no Spen makes for a bigger battery. It makes sense for the Fold to aquire a pen at some point especially since the screen is made of better material, however the current Spen tip is too hard a material to be used on the current Gen screen. I don't see it being the same price as a Note though. It may drop some some over time but I'm thinking it has to cost more to produce. It's funny but most other tech seems to come down over time, while smart phones seem to keep going up.

Last edited:

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2021 Samsung S21 / Note 21

We have heard this stupid rumor every year since at least the release of the Note 3. Get a clue, do you think Samsung is really going to stop their second half major revenue boost phone release?

If Samsung replaces the Note with the Fold, the Fold will be the revenue booster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar