Galaxy S21 may get S Pen as Samsung said to ditch Galaxy Note series?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe that's why they they just stuck with the Exynos 990 after all, we'll be able to upgrade to next generation Note already again in February :)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The writing has been on the... display... for a while.:p So anything is possible.

The way they are nickel and dime-ing us to sell the N20U and make money at their price point or not make money by selling at S20U prices is embarrasing to a niche flagship... It's like selling a Rolls Royce and not including the floormats. :p

And they would avoid at this point the issue where people or reviewers love the N20U but question is it worth it these days... And they're N20 looks like it's going to be a bomb because people are hating the real downgrade in specs to last years and even regular Joe buyers that never heard of Note will have a hard time choosing when they line it up next the S20/S20+ sitting next to it at the Best Buy Display.

They are going full steam making a big bet with foldables and probably losing a crap-ton there until, hopefully, foldables really is the next gen and then they will he ahead of the game?? I can see they need to trim down or consolidate their flagship lines.

Hey if they do, I'll be keeping the N20U for a while (planned to anyways). Maybe it will become a cult classic like the Palm Pre and people keeping their phones together with tape until it dies because you know when they merge the two... the Note will never be the same.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
The writing has been on the... display... for a while.:p So anything is possible.

The way they are nickel and dime-ing us to sell the N20U and make money at their price point or not make money by selling at S20U prices is embarrasing to a niche flagship... It's like selling a Rolls Royce and not including the floormats. :p

And they would avoid at this point the issue where people or reviewers love the N20U but question is it worth it these days... And they're N20 looks like it's going to be a bomb because people are hating the real downgrade in specs to last years and even regular Joe buyers that never heard of Note will have a hard time choosing when they line it up next the S20/S20+ sitting next to it at the Best Buy Display.

They are going full steam making a big bet with foldables and probably losing a crap-ton there until, hopefully, foldables really is the next gen and then they will he ahead of the game?? I can see they need to trim down or consolidate their flagship lines.

Hey if they do, I'll be keeping the N20U for a while (planned to anyways). Maybe it will become a cult classic like the Palm Pre and people keeping their phones together with tape until it dies because you know when they merge the two... the Note will never be the same.

To be honest I’m not bothered what it’;s called as long as we still have all the note features i don’t mind. Will need a phone with an S pen going forward wether it’s in the in the S line or be called the note or fold.

To get the fold it needs to be affordable to upgrade every year

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I find this very hard to believe but what do you all think?

Maybe the fold 3 will have it and be the new do it all device. If so though why have an s pen in both the S and fold line?

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s21-s-pen-samsung-ditch-galaxy-note-series/

Fold is a niche device that few people want and has a significant cost increase, it would be absolutely foolish for Samsung to force people into a Fold just to get the S Pen.

I've been a heavy S Pen user since 2012 which is why I've only owned Samsung since, if Samsung doesn't offer a standard phone with S Pen I'll gladly look at other brands.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Regular Joe buyers don't look at specs and a lot of people hate the curved screens, I'm tempted to buy the regular Note because the screen is flat. I think the N20 might actually outsell the N20 Ultra.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Regular Joe buyers don't look at specs and a lot of people hate the curved screens, I'm tempted to buy the regular Note because the screen is flat. I think the N20 might actually outsell the N20 Ultra.

limited space with no expandable storage? No way will people buy that phone over the N20U. Anyone who uses Samsung knows you should be able to use microSD cards.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I’m not bothered what it’;s called as long as we still have all the note features i don’t mind. Will need a phone with an S pen going forward wether it’s in the in the S line or be called the note or fold.

To get the fold it needs to be affordable to upgrade every year

I'm with you on this, but not the Fold part. I don't want a folding phone. that's a true phablet, Imo. But yeah. Call it what you want, Samsung. Just keep the features that make a Note a Note.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No might to it. Looking at the shop Samsung app you'll see the dates further stretched on the reg Note 20. Plus it feels the void for a lot of people wanting a large display. I feel that the Ultra isn't expected to be the most popular among the two. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I feel this is the biggest down of the Note 20. Build materials can be overlooked, but there's no logical reason to remove the sd slot. All of they're lower end devices still have it and they're higher tier A series all come with 128gb base. I really wondering who is doing R&D because I need their job
limited space with no expandable storage? No way will people buy that phone over the N20U. Anyone who uses Samsung knows you should be able to use microSD cards.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I feel this is the biggest down of the Note 20. Build materials can be overlooked, but there's no logical reason to remove the sd slot. All of they're lower end devices still have it and they're higher tier A series all come with 128gb base. I really wondering who is doing R&D because I need their job
It's just a cost saver, and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of consumers don't use SD cards in their phones, especially now that they have so much more space. With the Note 10+, I actually didn't need to use an SD card for the first time ever.

I think my wife is probably more like the average consumer. I got her the Note 20 and I got the Ultra. She actually likes the Note 20 better than the Ultra after holding both. She didn't know what the difference was in the back of phone but knew it felt differently. She said, I'm glad this one isn't so slippery. She also preferred the flat surface for writing. The battery and camera are just fine for her too, as is the screen size. She's loving that Note 20, and doesn't feel she's missing anything. Most people know nothing about phones inner workings. I think she'd transition to an S series with a pen in a heartbeat because that's the only reason she gets the Note.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Same rumors floated around with the Note 10 and nothing happened with the S line. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually did happen just because the phones are so similar but who knows when.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
They should just do away with the S line already. Move the Fold series into the S space and keep the Note as the niche device. I always felt like the introduced the OG Fold with the S last year because they were going to replace it with the Fold, so keep the same launch windows. But then they announced the FZ2 with the N20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox