Tegra 2/3 on Virgin Mobile!?

tusing

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the Motorola Photon made me jelly.

Will there be a dual or quad core beast coming to Virign Mobile anytime soon?
Thanks. Cookies to anyone who answers.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
they are getting the Triumph. Is like a updated EVO but its pure Google. If/when they get one it will be some time so that the cost will be low enough for people to want to buy it.

tusing

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
they are getting the Triumph. Is like a updated EVO but its pure Google. If/when they get one it will be some time so that the cost will be low enough for people to want to buy it.

But the Triumph is a puny single core!

The problem is, I currently have an Optimus V (got it on Sunday).
I can only get one other phone/gadget for the rest of the year.

Is it likely that Virgin Mobile will come out with a dual-core phone by the end of the year, or should I just jump for the Triumph and upgrade next year? Or should I stick with the V?

You see, Virgin Mobile is handing out amazing handsets to other countries... Canada gets cool phones and 4G, Austrlia gets nice phones too this year.

Will the US get any other phones this year from Virgin Mobile (preferably dual-core or more).

Lastly, how will the benchmarks of the Triumph be, and can it be rooted?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Optimus V is Great little starter phone IMO. I believe its a dualcore. but not in the sense you would like it to be. The Triumph will be a single core but should be plenty fast . What would you want the phone to do? I would like a new phone just because, My Epic would be good enough for another 2 years. I havent read anything else about new phones for Virgin. If a dualcore phone is something you really want and want it now , you might have consider a contract with a carrier to get 1.

tusing

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The Optimus V is Great little starter phone IMO. I believe its a dualcore. but not in the sense you would like it to be. The Triumph will be a single core but should be plenty fast . What would you want the phone to do? I would like a new phone just because, My Epic would be good enough for another 2 years. I havent read anything else about new phones for Virgin. If a dualcore phone is something you really want and want it now , you might have consider a contract with a carrier to get 1.

The Optimus V runs a 600MHz processor, and most are only stable up to 786-804 MHz. It will likely not support Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Triumph runs a 1 GHz (overclockable to 1.8 GHz), but it is still last year's tech.

There is a rumor the Galaxy S2 will come out on the 14th, but that seems like it's only coming to Canada (correct me if I'm wrong).

TL;DR New dual-core VM phone coming out anytime soon this year; should I wait for it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc