Pixel 6.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Aw man, I *miss* that swipe up and down feature for the drop-down menu.
Every time I use the fingerprint reader to swipe up and down the notification shade I keep thinking how the reader could be designed to do double duty as a track pad. Double or triple tap and it becomes a track pad, "FingerTrack".

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Screen scanners never seem to work correctly, at least for me. I prefer a back sensor, like on the 5 or my old lGs. Facial one on the XL I have now works good, but was a pain last year while masks were required. Now, back to normal.
Where are you to ditch the masks? We are likely to keep using them until next year here in the UK.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Idaho, USA. Only place most of the people around here wore masks was in big box stores like grocery, Walmart. Small stores never required them so never wore them. NEVER outside, even at parties that were outside.

And in the past few weeks; not even in Walmart, grocery....and they say nothing.

Numbers for this state have been basically flat, states with mask mandates such as NY, NJ, IL, MI numbers keep going UP and UP. Strange how that happens.

If I was required to wear a mask, I might have jumped into a Pixel 5 by now, but waiting to look at the 6 and maybe, just maybe, keep my 4XL longer than normal.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Idaho, USA. Only place most of the people around here wore masks was in big box stores like grocery, Walmart. Small stores never required them so never wore them. NEVER outside, even at parties that were outside.

And in the past few weeks; not even in Walmart, grocery....and they say nothing.

Numbers for this state have been basically flat, states with mask mandates such as NY, NJ, IL, MI numbers keep going UP and UP. Strange how that happens.

If I was required to wear a mask, I might have jumped into a Pixel 5 by now, but waiting to look at the 6 and maybe, just maybe, keep my 4XL longer than normal.

Well, it's official... We all gotta go to Idaho! Glad that things are slowly getting back to normal for you there.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I’m in Michigan and masks are mandatory everywhere. My kids go back to in person school next week for half days. Unfortunately we are in the hot bed that is Ann Arbor. We have all types of people here. Some are too afraid to go out while others refuse to wear a mask. I’m somewhere in the middle. I don’t mind wearing one to keep peace. But I don’t see the logic behind us who’ve been vaccinated to continue to have to wear them. Our government has to stop shutting things down when there’s a spike in the numbers of cases. I never wear a mask when I’m outside. Only when I absolutely have to. I see people all the time driving around with masks on or while walking down the sidewalk or in a parking lot. It’s a rare thing to see someone’s full face anymore. It’s just sad and I hope it comes to an end soon. But I feel it’s going to get prolonged for another 6-9 months. As far as masks being a requirement. I hope I’m wrong.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's official... We all gotta go to Idaho! Glad that things are slowly getting back to normal for you there.

No. Not necessary. There are plenty of other states that don't require masks. Understand, even if a state DOES NOT require a mask, you can STILL WEAR a mask if you prefer!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I’m in Michigan and masks are mandatory everywhere. My kids go back to in person school next week for half days. Unfortunately we are in the hot bed that is Ann Arbor. We have all types of people here. Some are too afraid to go out while others refuse to wear a mask. I’m somewhere in the middle. I don’t mind wearing one to keep peace. But I don’t see the logic behind us who’ve been vaccinated to continue to have to wear them. Our government has to stop shutting things down when there’s a spike in the numbers of cases. I never wear a mask when I’m outside. Only when I absolutely have to. I see people all the time driving around with masks on or while walking down the sidewalk or in a parking lot. It’s a rare thing to see someone’s full face anymore. It’s just sad and I hope it comes to an end soon. But I feel it’s going to get prolonged for another 6-9 months. As far as masks being a requirement. I hope I’m wrong.

I grew up in MI; Detroit, back in the last century.
As for people wearing masks in cars and when walking by themselves? Yes. Happens here too. Not sure why a person would wear a mask in a car/truck by themself or even when walking alone down a street. But, they do, it's their right and it is their face being covered. I have NO problem with people wearing a mask.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had both of my vaccinations and I will still wear a mask when I'm in public. It's for the protection of others and my wife who is not vaccinated but will qualify April 9th.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've had both of my vaccinations and I will still wear a mask when I'm in public. It's for the protection of others and my wife who is not vaccinated but will qualify April 9th.

My wife and I got vaccinated the hard way, by getting covid :( but we also still wear our masks to protect others... and it's also still the law in our area for the most part.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No. Not necessary. There are plenty of other states that don't require masks. Understand, even if a state DOES NOT require a mask, you can STILL WEAR a mask if you prefer!

Oh, for sure! I know Texas and Florida have similar rules. You can wear a mask if you want, but it's not necessary. It's good to have that choice.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
With the likelihood of no new Note for a while, I am going to retire my N20U to work only duties.

Quite interested in a P6XL to be my mobile camera. If it's a thing.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind paying "flagship" prices for a Pixel 6. Provided they offer something comparable to a current oneplus or Samsung. Pixel 5 is a great device, but offering just one 6.0 version doesn't cut it for me. Also the lack of a microphone grill was a mistake IMO. Worst sound quality on calls I've experienced yet.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I’m not optimistic about the P6 being a flagship phone. I have a love hate relationship with Pixel and Google Phones. Mainly because they use them as places to test new features that they then abandon in the future. There’s no consistency or progression into the quality of the hardware. However I do believe that the 4a and 5 are probably the best they’ve put out. Although I have no experience with either device. I had the 4xl and while the software was great, the hardware wasn’t up to par. Subpar battery life and soli was a flop. The huge forehead was just ugly. It made the phone taller than it needed to be. I would have loved to keep it but charging a couple of times throughout the day was annoying. I do miss live transcription by being able to record audio. It wasn’t super accurate unless the audio was articulated well. I recorded a message at church and then sent the text to the Secretary to be able to give it to someone who wasn’t able to watch the live stream. That’s really the only time I played around with it. It was also a neat feature to be able to see what song was playing anywhere I went although it became less useful last year. Ultimately it was the bad battery life and huge forehead that made me sell it and switch to the iPhone 12 Pro for the past 5 months. However I just ordered an S21 Ultra and will be switching back to Android.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I didn't enjoy the 4xl. I gave it to my husband when his 2xl broke down. He loves it to bits. Not keen to give it up any time soon. I got the 4a 5G and I love it to bits. Everything I loved about my 2xl but it is lighter to hold, battery life is insanely good and photo quality is the best I have had in years. Even though I have a S10+ I am using my pixel more, especially for photos. Keeping unlimited high quality photos is also a bonus.

The pixel 6 having its own SoC is interesting. It may not be as good as the current or next gen Snapdragon, but may be better than the 765G in the 4a 5G and 5. I would hope so. This may be a way of keeping the costs down without compromising on quality. Samsung chips are not brilliant but I object mainly because they sell their Exynos phones at the same prices as their Snapdragon models and the performance is inferior.

However if the Pixel 6 is not competing with the SD888 but maybe the SD870 it may find its niche.

Apple silicon is doing really well in their products and Huawei chips also perform really well, so a custom chip doesn't always mean inferior.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, this has got to be an actual upgrade for me to stay. The camera is the same one as the 2XL, again, I am out. I can't keep giving Google a pass.

It NEEDS to have a great processor, and way, way, WAAAAAY better battery life, plus an actual camera developed in the 2020's.

The fact that the Pixel community keeps telling them this and they keep ignoring it is distressing. The battery in the 3XL, 4 and 4XL is an embarrassment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance