Those sizes may have been too big for me, but I am glad that Google seems to have gone back to offering a smaller and larger variant of their current lineup.

I read somewhere that the smaller Pixel wouldn't have the same camera specs as the larger 6... That is unfortunate for users who would want a smaller device.
    I haven't heard that the camera specs would be different just that the 6 will have 2 while the 6 Pro will have 3 camera's. No idea on which one the 6 misses out on, the wide angle or the telephoto.
    05-22-2021 02:16 PM
    I haven't heard that the camera specs would be different just that the 6 will have 2 while the 6 Pro will have 3 camera's. No idea on which one the 6 misses out on, the wide angle or the telephoto.
    Yeah, I too heard that the smaller 6 would have two cameras. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens!
    05-23-2021 10:09 AM
    Hoping the Pixel 6 Pro is a real flagship phone, plenty of midrange one’s we need a no expense spared Flagship pixel.
    05-23-2021 01:40 PM
    While I'd always gone with the XL model before (up through the 3 XL, from which I moved to the S20 FE and can't wait to move back), I was looking forward to the 'normal' model this year so long as it had a 6" display, as while I love having a larger screen for a few things, the size of the body they can fit a 6" display in now is much more easily handled, and the display is certainly big enough that I wouldn't complain - whereas by the time you get to a 6.5"+ display it becomes a bit more unwieldy (such as the S20 FE).

Then rumors have to throw the 'but wait, there's more!' when describing the 6 Pro... If the only difference besides screen size, and battery life (presuming that of the 6 is still sufficient) is the 3rd camera and it's a telephoto, I'll probably save the $ and get the 6. But I just know Google will add in a couple more carefully crafted contrivances to differentiate it and draw me over. Yep, me - I know you're watching me, Google!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-24-2021 08:35 AM

Then rumors have to throw the 'but wait, there's more!' when describing the 6 Pro... If the only difference besides screen size, and battery life (presuming that of the 6 is still sufficient) is the 3rd camera and it's a telephoto, I'll probably save the $ and get the 6. But I just know Google will add in a couple more carefully crafted contrivances to differentiate it and draw me over. Yep, me - I know you're watching me, Google!
    This is exactly how I feel when I want the smaller version of the Pixel line.
    Laura Knotek and Grabber5.0 like this.
    05-24-2021 11:05 AM
    https://www.techradar.com/news/googl...pgraded-camera

Rumor is the chipset will fall somewhere between the sd888 and the sd865, so not quite flagship for this year but better than last year's flagship.

If this is true I think that's fine. Still makes it a better phone than last year's lineups unlike the p5 when it released. 5000mah battery as well, and if we are truly seeing chipset and software marriage here that should make for some pretty incredible battery life.
    Torisen1 and J Dubbs like this.
    05-24-2021 04:32 PM
    Wait, it's faster than my 4XL, has a 5000mAh battery and has an extremely upgraded camera?? Yup. I'm in.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    05-26-2021 05:24 AM
    Not being a spec chaser as long as the phone performs like a flagship it could be powered by a hamster in a wheel for all I care.
    05-26-2021 05:31 AM
    https://www.techradar.com/news/googl...pgraded-camera

Rumor is the chipset will fall somewhere between the sd888 and the sd865, so not quite flagship for this year but better than last year's flagship.

If this is true I think that's fine. Still makes it a better phone than last year's lineups unlike the p5 when it released. 5000mah battery as well, and if we are truly seeing chipset and software marriage here that should make for some pretty incredible battery life.
    I agree completely. Very few people would actually recognize the difference under normal daily use between the performance of the latest flagship and a 1- to 2-year old midrange chip; far fewer yet actually need it. Also, performance under benchmarking has frequently been irrelevant to real world performance, largely exploited and often cheated by OEMs. There comes a point where adding more processor speed simply doesn't generate real world benefits that are practical for the price unless you are chasing bragging rights (like Ludicrous mode for Tesla).

Google could be saving a ton of money in not using SD chips yet still offering competitive performance - particularly when they have had the ability to tailor the chip design around their specific software designs - thereby affording them the opportunity to integrate other top-tier parts without raising the price as much as would be necessary with a SD chip.

And on a 5nm process, paired with how efficient Google's implementation of Android is and a large battery, it should (hopefully) be enough to at least hush, if not silence, the complaints about battery life of Pixels.
    05-26-2021 10:20 AM
    And the battery life on my 4a 5G is incredible. Well over a day and a half even on the Android 12 beta
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-26-2021 11:24 AM
    And the battery life on my 4a 5G is incredible. Well over a day and a half even on the Android 12 beta
    That's amazing! I'm seeing really good battery life on my Pixel 5 too. If the Pixel 6 line will further improve on this, it will be stellar!
    Kizzy Catwoman and J Dubbs like this.
    05-27-2021 07:02 PM
    Love the design but two things concern me - not getting a telephoto camera on the smaller version and the in screen fingerprint sensor. Not that I mind trying a fingerprint sensor in the front, but I have yet to hear anything very good about how well the in screen ones work. That's a big deal, fast entry into your phone via biometrics is important to me - where face unlock or fingerprint.

I have the Pixel 5 and the next upgrade plan on at&t so the pixel 6 will be easy to get. Just worried about those two things. I definitely miss having a telephoto on the pixel 5, even though I love the ultra wide. I want all 3 cameras in this form factor
    06-03-2021 03:49 PM
    Hopefully face id or face unlock is also added to in screen fingerprint scanner. Apple is reportedly going to in screen touch ID to go alonge with face ID. So no reason why google can't do the same. Tired of having more features on Samsung and oneplus devices. Don't get me wrong Pixel's are great and I'm likely getting the 6 pro. But pixels are a bit boring compared to other premium offerings IMO.
    mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    06-03-2021 09:17 PM
    Hopefully face id or face unlock is also added to in screen fingerprint scanner. Apple is reportedly going to in screen touch ID to go alonge with face ID. So no reason why google can't do the same. Tired of having more features on Samsung and oneplus devices. Don't get me wrong Pixel's are great and I'm likely getting the 6 pro. But pixels are a bit boring compared to other premium offerings IMO.
    I like both options also
    06-03-2021 10:06 PM
    It's always nice to have choices, especially when it comes to biometrics. My S10 made me warm up more to face unlock.
    06-04-2021 09:36 PM
    Does Google generally offer payment plans for phones? I can't remember since the last one I bought directly from them was the OG XL. Just needing to know if I have to fork out all of this at once or if I can do it over a period of time.
    06-10-2021 09:31 AM
    Does Google generally offer payment plans for phones? I can't remember since the last one I bought directly from them was the OG XL. Just needing to know if I have to fork out all of this at once or if I can do it over a period of time.
    Yes Google store uses Synchrony Bank can apply online in Google store.
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    06-10-2021 10:54 AM
    Yes Google store uses Synchrony Bank can apply online in Google store.
    Good to know. Looking forward to getting rid of this S20FE unless they try the under speaker display again and if that's the case, I'll weigh my options.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-10-2021 03:16 PM
    Good to know. Looking forward to getting rid of this S20FE unless they try the under speaker display again and if that's the case, I'll weigh my options.
    Definitely , pixel 6 coming up and some others soon
    Smokeaire01 likes this.
    06-10-2021 03:23 PM
    "getting rid of this S20FE" - my sentiments exactly. Hardware upgrades abounded compared to the Pixel 3 XL it replaced, and the screen and battery life were vast improvements, but the overall user experience was a massive downgrade for me.

Very much looking forward to returning to Pixel after my putting the "grass is always greener on the other side" axiom to the test.

On the bright side, Google will probably offer more in trade on my S20 FE than they would on their own Pixel 5, so at least there's that...
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-11-2021 02:37 PM
    I have nothing but good things to say about the s20 fe. Better specs and hardware over the pixel 5 and much cheaper given the trade in program.
    Morty2264 and bkdodger2 like this.
    06-11-2021 03:40 PM
    I put it on my credit card and pay it off when I can. I much prefer that than my carrier slowly leaching the money out of me each month!
    Kizzy Catwoman and J Dubbs like this.
    06-11-2021 07:37 PM
    I put it on my credit card and pay it off when I can. I much prefer that than my carrier slowly leaching the money out of me each month!
    I do the same.
    J Dubbs and Morty2264 like this.
    06-11-2021 08:31 PM
    I do the same.
    It's way more freeing to do it that way!
    J Dubbs and Kizzy Catwoman like this.
    06-12-2021 09:07 AM
    Just a quick note about in screen fps. I have a Moto Edge with an in screen fps and it's been flawless. So don't assume it won't work really well on the Pixel 6.
    Scott337 and Morty2264 like this.
    Yesterday 12:12 PM
177 ... 5678