With all the rumors floating around about the next Nexus device being called the Nexus 3, Nexus Prime and even just Nexus 4G, what would you call the Nexus if it were up to you. I prefer the Nexus 3.
    07-11-2011 04:42 PM
    Yeah, probably best to stick to the simple numbering scheme. The name Nexus is already well known and using cutsie names for models will only confuse things. Samsung should have stuck with simply Galaxy or Galaxy II rather than giving the model for each carrier it's own name. Maybe add a letter, like Galaxy II S for Sprint, Galaxy II V for Verizon, etc.
    07-11-2011 08:59 PM
    Yeah, probably best to stick to the simple numbering scheme. The name Nexus is already well known and using cutsie names for models will only confuse things. Samsung should have stuck with simply Galaxy or Galaxy II rather than giving the model for each carrier it's own name. Maybe add a letter, like Galaxy II S for Sprint, Galaxy II V for Verizon, etc.
    I can see that naming scheme happening if LG ends up making the next Nexus, but the rumors seem to be pointing to Samsung as the maker again.

Sent from my Nexus S
    07-11-2011 09:18 PM
    They should call it the 'Nexus I' (To be sure, that is an I as in 'eye') since it will have ICS
    07-11-2011 10:28 PM
    I say just keep things simple and go with Nexus Three. The numbering scheme works fine for me.
    07-11-2011 10:45 PM
    The Nexus PLEASE GO BACK TO HTC AND STOP WITH SAMSUNG.

Has a nice ring to it.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    07-11-2011 10:57 PM
    The Nexus PLEASE GO BACK TO HTC AND STOP WITH SAMSUNG.

Has a nice ring to it.

What's so bad about Samsung?
    07-12-2011 04:03 AM
    What's so bad about Samsung?
    At least for me the Nexus S was a huge disappointment, if I wanted another version of a galaxy s I would have purchased one of the twenty variants already available. Add that to the very plastic feel in almost every samsung, and it just gets frustrating.

Internals aside, the nexus one just feels like a much more higher end device when compared to the nexus s. My view is, Samsung had their shot to blow minds with a nexus, failed to, now give it back to htc and give them another shot. Or hell, give motorola a chance.

07-12-2011 09:33 AM
    At least for me the Nexus S was a huge disappointment, if I wanted another version of a galaxy s I would have purchased one of the twenty variants already available. Add that to the very plastic feel in almost every samsung, and it just gets frustrating.

Internals aside, the nexus one just feels like a much more higher end device when compared to the nexus s. My view is, Samsung had their shot to blow minds with a nexus, failed to, now give it back to htc and give them another shot. Or hell, give motorola a chance.

But now that we're in the era of dual-cores, it's just about anyone's game to make the next nexus.
    07-12-2011 04:00 PM

How funny would that be if they call it the Nexus S2

Sent from my Nexus S
    07-12-2011 04:16 PM
    I would call it "Samsung Nexus come to Verizon."
    07-15-2011 11:00 AM
    Nexus two.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    07-15-2011 11:02 AM
    I like the name Nexus Prime, wouldnt mind seeing it on LG. LG has great hardware run that will a plain vanilla ICS and I dont see how they could drop the ball.
    07-19-2011 11:19 PM
    Nexus T3 - the Rise of the Machine
    07-20-2011 11:35 AM
    Samsung Nexus 3D
    I think a 3d nexus would be cool and with a Samoled plus screen it would look amazing
    LegendarySoul likes this.
    07-20-2011 11:46 AM
    Nexus Prime, but Nexus 3 works for me too.
    07-20-2011 07:23 PM
    Droid Prime
    07-20-2011 09:02 PM
    Nexus prime.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    07-20-2011 09:09 PM
    Droid Prime
    umm can't call it that... Droid's a Verizon exclusive and google has used the nexus for all of them idk why they would change.
    07-20-2011 09:50 PM
    umm can't call it that... Droid's a Verizon exclusive and google has used the nexus for all of them idk why they would change.
    It was more of a joke than anything else. Just want it to come to Verizon.

You're right, though. Besides, google wouldn't want the Droid name on it so its more of a cross-carrier selling platform, like apple does. (I know, but its a good comparison)
    ibejack96 likes this.
    07-20-2011 09:58 PM
    "VZW Vaporware"

...until proven otherwise.
    07-21-2011 07:36 AM
    Sammy has the best screen and chipset.Htc as people have stated thru out this and many forums, Google has the best UI so for the phone they should colabriate and make the Nexus HGS . this will give them equal props for thier part and keep 'G'oogle in between them so they dont fight
    Let LG and MOTO calabriate to make the next 1 (MGL) I'll buy these phones.
    07-21-2011 08:08 AM
    I like Nexus Prime and would prefer HTC.
    07-21-2011 08:15 AM
    iPhone's daddy.

Oh wait, we have to include Nexus in the name huh
    ibejack96 likes this.
    07-21-2011 01:20 PM
    I would call the next Nexus device mine
    07-22-2011 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD