Google Pixel 6/Pro - just over the horizon?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a case manufacture can smooth out the sharp squared off corners of the hump. But with the in screen fingerprint reader, this hump, I do believe it will mean NO 6 for this guy. Possibly jump into a 5 if I want to remain with Pixels, or head back to another brand. My 4XL could last till the 7 comes out next year.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Possibly a case manufacture can smooth out the sharp squared off corners of the hump. But with the in screen fingerprint reader, this hump, I do believe it will mean NO 6 for this guy. Possibly jump into a 5 if I want to remain with Pixels, or head back to another brand. My 4XL could last till the 7 comes out next year.
I agree with you about the in screen fp reader. I have the Pixel 4a and love the fp reader on the back. I don't think it's a deal breaker but I doubt it will be a feature I'll like.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The question I have about the P6 Pro screen is just how much of the viewable screen (if any) will wrap down the sides. My P4xl has "curved glass" but it doesn't bother me at all because the slight curve at the edges is beyond the viewable screen.

That's a very good point about the screen wrapping around the sides. Hadn't considered that!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if Verizon usually gets the new Pixel phones as soon as they are released? I've had Samsung Note phones since the Note 2 and am done with them (still using my N8 I got release weekend in 2017).

I've never really looked at Pixels seriously until now so I have no idea if Verizon gets them right away when released or not.

I believe Verizon and T-Mobile both get the Pixels and Verizon use to be the carrier exclusive for them initially. T-Mobile was late to the party and I assume AT&T is on board by now.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
No problem. If the price is anywhere between $900-999 for the Pro model this should be an excellent alternative to the iPhone 13 Pro Max and Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Google will catch a lot of flak from people at pretty much any pricepoint since it's not using the "accepted" flagship chip from Qualcomm. But I am of the opinion it won't exceed $1,000 USD for the 'base' Pro/XL model as that extra digit really hurts the perception. I think you've pretty much nailed the range it will fall into.

Probably no more than 60 days or so before the formal launch event, and no more than 2-3 weeks before we have a legitimate-but-unauthorized early hands-on review or unboxing.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Google will catch a lot of flak from people at pretty much any pricepoint since it's not using the "accepted" flagship chip from Qualcomm. But I am of the opinion it won't exceed $1,000 USD for the 'base' Pro/XL model as that extra digit really hurts the perception. I think you've pretty much nailed the range it will fall into.

Probably no more than 60 days or so before the formal launch event, and no more than 2-3 weeks before we have a legitimate-but-unauthorized early hands-on review or unboxing.

Even though I won't get the 6 line, I will certainly watch the hands-on review and unboxing. That makes me so excited that we're so close! I feel like I keep forgetting that it's almost August...

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Just sitting here looking at another 6 photo rendering and then looking over at a table top wireless charging unit, and wondering, will the camel hump on the back of the phone interfere with the connection? Will depend on how high the back is if using in the portrait position on the 6 pro, but the regular 6?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Just sitting here looking at another 6 photo rendering and then looking over at a table top wireless charging unit, and wondering, will the camel hump on the back of the phone interfere with the connection? Will depend on how high the back is if using in the portrait position on the 6 pro, but the regular 6?
That's a good point. I certainly hope it works well with the current Pixel Stand

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that's a good point I'd never considered before. Hopefully we'll get some reviews soon and we can see how it fares under wireless charging conditions.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I saw the photo, but I'm not necessarily talking a pixel stand. I have a stand that has a higher backrest than the pixel. However, with what I have read about this 6; I see no reason to purchase it. That camel hump appears to be too much for me. Placing it in a rear pocket (or front) laying it on a table; etc., just not appear to work for me. Cannot understand the purpose when other manufactures are adding cameras just as good with no large, phone wide hump.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I saw the photo, but I'm not necessarily talking a pixel stand. I have a stand that has a higher backrest than the pixel. However, with what I have read about this 6; I see no reason to purchase it. That camel hump appears to be too much for me. Placing it in a rear pocket (or front) laying it on a table; etc., just not appear to work for me. Cannot understand the purpose when other manufactures are adding cameras just as good with no large, phone wide hump.

Hump has been estimated to be about 2.5mm thick. That's about .5mm thicker than the hump on some other phones, so not completely dismissable, but not so much thicker as to generate nightmares in comparison - and, being that it is across the entire back, to me that symmetry is aesthetically much nicer, and will probably be a lot less annoying than those phones which have the hump on one side as when putting it on a table it should actually be steadier and not as prone to side wobble.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Aesthetics is subjective; to me, does not look good. Not saying it won't grow on me. As for 2.5mm (that's 0.09 inch), I'll wait to see that spec. Sure looks larger but admit, these are only non-exact renders being shown. But for me still too many faults. However, I use a phone, primarily as a phone and as a quick action to look something up on the internet. I do not purchase a phone for the so-called great cameras, since have not seen one that is "great." (Subjective).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish